Reload this Page >

Prix fixe restaurants

Search

Prix fixe restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 06:25 PM
Jennifer

Prix fixe restaurants

Have reservations at Gotham Bar & Grill, which I think has great food. Any other fabulous restaurant recommendations that offer reasonably priced prix fixe meals?

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 06:29 PM
x

New York City?

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 06:55 PM
Dan

to x ([email protected]): Yes, I think we can safely assume that the Gotham Bar & Grill Jennifer is speaking of is in NYC. Lighten up!!

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 07:00 PM
x

Lighten up??
Because I wanted to know the name of the city? Maybe you should lighten up!

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Caitlin

I assume you're asking about prix fixe lunches? JoJo on the UES has a $20 prix fixe, has recently been redone and is getting great reviews. The best splurge-but-not-a-splurge in town is probably the prix fixe lunch at Bouley; $35 for four curses (two savory, two sweet) or $45 for five (three savory, two sweet), plus amuse bouche and petit fours - the most affordable way, without a doubt, to experience the excellect food and service of one of the city's NY Times four-star restaurants. Rservations are mandatory at Bouley.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 11:38 AM
xxx

Prix fixe dinner at the River Cafe was too pricey so we are doing Sun brunch for $35.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 05:20 AM
me

I wouldn't call Gotham B&B reasonable, but in any case, some good prix fixe in the area are Le Tableau ($25 before 7 pm and all night sunday & monday), Lavagne (similar prices), Dolphin, Meli Melo,

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 05:23 AM
me

sorry, i hit post by mistakes, i have more...
Nellie's (on Housotn ST, $24), L'Ecole (in SOho, $30), Dervish (theater dist. turkist, $20).

For a pricier prix fix, the wine menu at Cite, available after 8pm. I think it's around $60 and includes several wines.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Jennifer

Thank you for your postings. I did mean NY, sorry to have left that off. Cafe Bouloud ( I believe correct name) is amazing food, a little snooty, but glad to have experienced some of the best for the $35 prix fixe meal. We Will give the other suggestions a try. Will be there today!