Reload this Page >

Princville in may what to do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 04:35 PM
Joe

Getting married at hanalei bay. We will be staying in p`ville for four days and looking for good eating and activities.Kayaking and biking are favorites but we also snorkle.Any info would be great.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:44 AM
gail

Hmm.what I remember is that as beautiful as it is @ Princeville, driving to the other side is what people do for many of the water sports as it is warmer and calmer.It is so beautiful there that just hiking and maybe participating in activities the hotel provideds might be the way to go for at least some of the time.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 07:11 AM
xxx

Actually, in May the North shore is calmer and the place to snorkel and kayak. May is the beginning of the ocean kayaking season. As for activities, you can rent kayaks in Hanalei, just down the road from Princeville. A great kayaking trip is of the Na Pali coast. Snorkeling can be done on the Princeville beach, where it is good, but the best snorkeling is considered to be Tunnels and Kee Beach, both of which are further along the road, past Hanalei, but no more than 15 or 20 minutes away.

In Hanalei, my favorite place to eat is Hanalei Gourment, which is a really mellow, causal place that has music in the evenings. It is also a good place to pick up breakfast or sandwiches during the day.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 09:59 AM
gail

That's interesting..I was there during December, so I guess the timing matters.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 01:07 PM
kal

Aloha Joe,
Congrats. Great spot to get married.

Last trip, Dec/Jan '00/01 we tried the old Charo's restaurant in the Haena area. Now called "Cert's".

New chef/menu at the time. Beautiful setting. Great pupus and some fine main dishes.

Of course, when all else fails, a Triple Bubba's Burger with cheese and some chili fires with onions in Hanalei can be a pure pleasure!
Dittos on "xxx"'s suggestion of Hanalei Gournmet and The Dolphin

A few miles away in Kilauea, The Road Runner Cafe puts out some good, healthy mexican food.
Kal