Reload this Page >

Priceline for Rental Cars?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Wendy

Has anyone used Priceline to secure a rental car? I'm interested in how it worked out, I have never used Priceline for anything.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Steve

I paid for Hertz's gold club and National's Emerald Isle service and am pretty satisfied with the above but I'll be trying Priceline more often after my last experience.

Fort Lauderdale - $25/day through Hertz, 3 days, for a Ford Mustang. Got upgraded to a Maxima because the trunk broke.

Hertz and National quoted $40-$45 on their websites.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Celeste

The website BiddingForTravel.com explains everything you need to know about Priceline. I thought $30 per day for a compact car in NYC was pretty darn good and then I got one for $19 per day thru Priceline!

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 03:16 PM
sister

Can you guarantee a certain car company with Priceline? Or do they give you brand x ? I'd be willing to try Priceline if I could get one of the biggies--National, Avis and such. Don't want to get stuck taking a shuttle 50 miles away just to save $5.00!!!!!

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Don

Sister,

Priceline rents cars with Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, and National. That's it, assuming their Web site is correct--"Rent from the nation's top 5 agencies."

You can't guarantee which of the five agencies you'll get, but none of them is "brand x." Unless Priceline's Web site is wrong, that is--no guarantee from me, but that's what they say.

I've used Priceline twice for rentals--got National in Boise, and Avis in Phoenix. Hope this helps...

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 11:29 AM
John

I have used priceline twice in Orlando and did very well both times! Two weeks ago I secured a premium level from AVIS (in terminal) for $22.00/day or $154.00 for the week. I think priceline is a very good option for a car rental.