Priceline for hotel at Atlanta airport

Old Feb 27th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priceline for hotel at Atlanta airport

Has anybody used them lately, and how did it turn out for you? I've never used Priceline before and to tell the truth, am scared to death to try! (And here I thought I was fearless.........)

Anyway, my attention span is about the size of a gnat's so reading everything that I'm sure I should pay attention to is not helping a bit.

Thanks in advance, folks.
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 05:01 AM

ccolor, read biddingfortravel.com and also betterbidding.com before you even think about priceline bidding if you have never done so.....

Send me an email with your dates and I will be delighted to help you with a bidding strategy and help walk you thru it. It's really easy once you understand, but just don't do a blind bid!!

email me at dfreezeatwindstreamdotnet

Old Mar 1st, 2009, 03:32 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
I've not bid lately but used to get great deals and nice hotels. As iceeu2 says, go to one of the helper websites - I like betterbidding.com - to see the list of hotels and maps and get an idea of what bids are winning. If you stay in the range of the nicer hotels, you can do very well.
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM

I've had a lot of success with Priceline and Hotwire and I, too, recommend betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com. I check Hotwire first to see what the posted rates are and then bid a few dollars less on Priceline.
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 07:05 PM

Be sure to check the pinned hotel lists on BFT and BB. Not all "airport area" hotels are that close to the airport.

On Hotwire, you can at least see if the hotel has shuttle service and the distance of that hotel from the airport.
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 07:10 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
I haven't look recently but used to book Atlanta airport hotels all the time on Priceline (in the $40 range back then). They all had shuttle services. A co-worker stayed at the Hampton Inn last week and they took her all the way to downtown on the shuttle.