Presidents Day - Disneyland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am new to this forum and have just this week booked flights to the States from Australia. We plan to go skiing in Aspen, then to Vegas and then to Disneyland.
I have just noticed that there is a public holiday called Presidents day, during our stay in Feb 08. How will this effect us? Is this just a long weekend or does it create a larger holiday with schools.
We have not planned our itinerary yet, so if anyone can help out with details it would be appreciated.
We will be arriving Feb 13th and Departure 29th Feb.
I don't think changing our dates is an option, as we have used frequent flyer points for the airfares.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 06:42 PM

In most places, it is just a long week-end. In Massachusetts--and Maine, I think--it is a whole week off of school. Not a huge factor for Aspen and California, but it does make for crowds in Florida.

Long week-ends, of course increase the crowds in all resort areas, but the week days should be fine.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 07:06 PM

In California we had the week off, but California Adventure wasn't that bad. Disneyland looked crowded.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Our area schools here in San Jose CA have the whole week off though I'm not familiar with southern CA schools.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 10:35 PM

Some schools have the whole week off, many don't. The weekend is the most crowded skiing of the year, but the rest of the week is usually fine. The friday night and monday afternoon are bad times to be on major highways. Hotels in resort areas may have minimum stays on the weekend.