Search

pre-cruise hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 05:57 AM
joshua

pre-cruise hotel?

Ill be cruising out of Port of Miami March 25. Plan to arrive the day before and looking for accomidations close to cruise ships. Don't need anything fancy.. any suggestions? I've seen low fares(80/night) but concerned about 'safety or luggage being stolen etc...anyone with any suggestions for a clean safe hotel in the area?

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 06:47 AM
MJ

This would be a good job for a travel agent. They can search by "Port of Miami" and the hotels will be listed according to their distance away from the port. The agent can bring up the list in about 15 seconds. If you get one that doesn't know how, move on; a good agent will know exactly how to do that!

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 12:38 PM
Traveler

I just love how these people answer questions like this... "Go here to find the answer". Why bother posting if you can't answer the question? You're a really big help.

Read his question: he wants to know what the safe hotels are. A travel agent won't know one way or the other.

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 04:16 PM
joshua

thanks guy..I HAVE contacted tr avel agent etc.. and they don't know anything about 'where to stay'.. Yes, they have a big list of hotels etc.. So do I through theinternet.. my concrn again is the safety and cleanliness without the big $$$......... Anyone every stay in or around port of Miami???

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 01:12 PM
Anthony

Joshua:
If you are dead-set about staying near the port on the Miami side (my personal choice is South Beach), there are hotels that would fit the bill: there's the Marriott Bayside, or Wydham or Doubletree, all clustered around the old Omni Mall area. Also a hyatttoo. If you are concerned about safety, these hotels are all 'safe'. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com, which is a bulleten board for sharing info on how to best use priceline.com. I would strongly urge you to utilize this site, not only to read about personal experiences with hotels in the area you are looking for, but also as guidance to possible usiing priceline to bid on a hotel for you stay. There are several 'motels' in the area of the road to the port, Howard Johnsons comes to mind, that charges a premium for what you are getting soley because they are near the port. In other words, why pay $80 - $ 90/nt for a motel, when using Priceline, you an get a much better hotel for less money? THAT is smart traveling.

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 03:42 AM
joshua

tony, appeciate the feedback and have gone to the sites you suggested..very helpful.. I have placed my limit of bids on priceline but without success... It seems that successful bids for this time (Nov/dec) for 3* is 35-50/dight. I was unsuccesful with my bid at 50/night for March 24.. Im assuming it has to do with the 'time of the year/ busy season, etc. Any more input would be greatly appreciated.