Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Port Canaveral to Kennedy Space Center Tour Help

Old Nov 9th, 2021, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are on the Dream in February out of Port Canaveral. We would like to go to Kennedy Space Center after the cruise. My granddaughter is very into science and space (8 years old).

Disney doesn’t offer a tour for this.

we are going on a cruise in February and want to go to the Kennedy Space Center with our granddaughter on the day the ship returns to the Cape Canaveral Port.

Has anyone booked a tour company to go from Port Canaveral to the Kennedy Space Center and return to the Orlando Airport?

if so, can you recommend a tour company?

Was it worth going?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try Frank Morgan at Cape Canaveral Transportation.
I have not used him, but he gets great reviews on Trip Advisor. He seems to do everything from port pickup, to Space Center drop off, keeps luggage, picks up at Space Center and transports to Airport.

I think the Space Center was great! We spent about six hours, could have done longer, but were on a day from a cruise and got a late start and had to catch a shuttle back to the ship.
It is worth it if you have time to really see a lot, not worth it for a short, rushed visit. A child who is into Space and science will love it. I did and I am not into either. It is quite amazing.

It will take 20 to 30 minutes from ship to Space Center and just under an hour from the Space Center to the Airport. So, add in check in time at the airport and see if you can do it.
Please come back after your trip and let people know how it works out because this could be very useful for others. I hope to do it with my Granddaughter next year, COVID permitting. Perhaps post in cruises because that is where people needing this particular help might look.