Pomona (I know, I know) and where else in June

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be spending Fathers Day weekend near Pomona to go to a big hot rod show. Told my husband I will go to the show with him if we spend some a few days beforehand at the beach. What beachy CA towns are a good choice for the second week of June? (needs to be someplace driveable from Pomona area)
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 03:28 PM
P_M

bookmarking
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 03:34 PM

My personal choice would be Laguna Beach, but any of the beaches in the LA-Orange County Area would work for you. We live in Corona Del Mar and my husband likes the car shows at the Pomona Fairgrounds and it takes us less than an hour to get there on the weekends. Laguna Beach is just south of where we live. I would recommend Newport Beach/Corona Del Mar but think it is more fun to walk around Laguna Beach. Huntington Beach is also nice but more of a surfer city. There are also good beaches in Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Santa Monica and others but I don't know them as well as Orange County. All would be drivable to Pomona. Your one worry in June is possible "June Gloom" which is common then - but you can still enjoy the beach life and the sun frequently comes out in the afternoon. Have fun!!
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 03:48 PM

I agree that Laguna Beach is perfect. The town is easily walkable, and it is charming and artistic.

There are art festivals, and lots of galleries, a nice independent movie theater, the Pageant of the Masters, Crystal Cove Beach. You can venture to Dana Point, into Capistrano, up to Newport Beach. The evenings should be lively and pleasantly cool.

The scenery is exquisite, many good restaurants and shops. Traffic in and out is not pleasant, but once you are there you can strategize travel and walk most places.
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your thoughts. Thinking of the Inn at Laguna Beach. Just posted a new post re: this hotel.