Poconos cottage ideas?

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 08:34 AM
KMF
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poconos cottage ideas?

We two older ladies are going to be driving in the Poconos area in early October for a few days, and would like to stay in a rather old fashioned little rustic cabin/cottage - maybe on a lake if possible. Nothing too fancy, not too expensive, but some nostalgia. Or maybe a cottage in an affordable version of one of those older style outdoorsy summer family resorts. Does anybody know of a good suggestion for this, or would we be as well to just drive around, enjoying the foliage and scenery, expecting to stumble on a good one? Any specific suggestions also for routes? Hwy 191, or 447, or 611, or other? We are coming from England, and this will be only a short stop off, but we'd really like to make the most of it. Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 10:45 AM
LN

Hi

I read your post earlier and felt certain that someone would give some ideas cause it's been years since I've toured around the Poconos. I do remember, tho, a nice accommodations near Bushkill Falls which, I think, is outside of Stroudsburg, PA. If you do a search on Google.com you should be able to find a number of inns, cottages, etc near there. If you'd like information on a lake you might try a search on Lake Wallenpaupack, which is also in the poconos. There's a few family type resorts on that lake. Good luck with your hunting and enjoy your stay in the Poconos. October will be beautiful then.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 10:52 AM

You can try to look at Sterling Inn or its sister property - the French manor. Sterling Inn is less fancy than the Manor. Or you can look at vrbo.com and try to rent a house there.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:26 AM

I agree with vrbo.com.

I rent in the Poconos once a year and I have found the nicest (private cabin/house) accomodations to be at Saw Creek Estates in Bushkill, PA.

If you Google "Saw Creek" you will get alot of rental opportunities.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 11:59 AM

Hi KMF:

I highly recommend a German farm resort called "Lukans"

The accomodations are very clean and the price includes excellent family style food!

We have been going to Lukans for the past 5 years and have never been dissapointed. It is near Lake Wallenpaupack up from the town of Hawley.

The area is perfect for drives to see the foilage

Check out the website www.lukans.com, or email me for more details

JOHN