Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

please help with dinner after seeing "contact" in nyct

Old Oct 1st, 2000, 07:08 PM
carol

some friends and i are taking a girls weekend to nyc in dec.and need some ideas for dinner after seeing "contact"at lincoln center-vivian beaumont theater.i read some really good reviews about picholine but one of the girls in the group is alittle picky.we're having dinner at the sea grill before the theater on friday night and lunch at tavern on the green saturday afternoon.

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 05:26 AM
howard

Try Cafe Fiorello, which is right across the street from Lincoln Center on Broadway, between 63rd and 64th. Reservations recommended (212-595-5330).
P.S.: You'll love "Contact." Great show!

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 02:02 PM
tweedy

Carol, Howard is right the CAfe is very good and you can see it from the fountain at Lincoln Center.

There are also lots of good restaurants in the area near Lincoln Center and further uptown.

One of our favs is Pomodoro which is up Columbus near 70th St. They have the most amazing bread made all nite long. The food is excellent and well priced.

Contact is wonderful we loved it the dancing is great.

Have a fun trip.

tweedy

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 02:10 PM
steve

After we saw Contact we ate at Cafe Luxembourg which is just a short walk away from Lincoln Center. It is a casual French bistro-type place. We had a great time there. Contact is wonderful!!!

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 08:20 PM
carol

thanks everyone for your suggestions.it looks like we made a good decision to see contact.

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 10:56 AM
Caitlin

Carol, you did make a good decision; it's the best show I've seen in years! I'm saving up so I can go again...

Old Oct 3rd, 2000, 05:22 PM
Laura

Tavern on the Green for lunch is perfect! On the expensive side for lunch and the menu is limited, but the surroundings are well worth it! Beautiful paintings, murals, mirrors, etc. Walk around and see if you can eat in the glassed in area with a garden view. Right in central park..perfect!