Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Please help with accomodations in Santa Fe.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2001, 07:04 AM
Sherry

I plan to visit Santa Fe, NM for a friend's 90th birthday. It just happens to be the same weekend as the Indian Market. I am having trouble finding a room. The only other time I visited her, I stayed near the Plaza. At this time of year the prices for a lot of rooms in that area are really beyond my budget. I will be rooming by myself and know nothing about the area around Cerrilos Road where most of the more reasonably priced rooms seem to be. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Old May 22nd, 2001, 07:24 AM
paul

Cerrillos Rd. is basically a strip of motels that is fine to stay at if you want budget lodging. Its about a 10 minute drive to the Plaza. You can find most of the well known motel chains in this area.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 10:07 AM
Sal

You'll find most of the typical chains on Cerillos Rd. I have also seen several good things mentioned about the El Ray on Cerillos; not a chain, but nice and reasonably priced. It's a safe area settled into the commercial shopping district (Walmart, groceries etc.).

Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:41 PM
G. Kremer

When recently visiting the Santa Fe area, we stayed at the Four Kachinas Inn B&B on Webber Street, within a very short walk from the Plaza. It was $135.00 per night which is a bit steep for us but it was worth it. It's in a very private, safe & secure area. From looking on the internet, I've found that decent priced lodging in Santa Fe is hard to come by at ANY time of year.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 04:14 PM
Sandy

We're going in Sept. and trying to decide on a place to stay that's not too pricey. We keep hearing the El Rey name! I've sent for a brochure from them which I hope will help us to decide.The El Rey has an 800#-- 800-521-1349. Also check expedia.com for a lot of room choices. Hope this is of some help.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 04:20 PM
dixie

i have stay at the el rey several times. it is a well run family motel. all the rooms i have had were nice and reasonably priced.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 04:34 PM
Christie

I stayed at Casa Bonita last summer and enjoyed it. It's within walking distance of the Plaza and is a very quaint B&B with moderate prices.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 06:15 PM
texasgirl

You could try the Santa Fe Motel (not hotel, which is much more expensive) where I think large rooms are about $99 a night in summer, continental breakfast included. It is about four or five blocks from the plaza.
Also, as mentioned above, Cerillos Road is a long, major road into town; there will be many national chain motels on it, perfectly safe and convenient to town. Good luck....

Old May 23rd, 2001, 05:57 AM
Sherry

I want to thank everyone that suggested all the non chain hotels to try. Unfortunately, they are all booked. So now I am going to start on the chains on Cerrillos. Thanks to all of you, I feel better about the area being safe.