Please help us choose a schedule of events for SoCal Trip

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Renee

Myself, my husband and 2 year old son have this plan so far:

San Diego for three nights with Gaslamp area/Zoo and Balboa Park as targets for the "to do" list.

Palm Springs area for two nights with Aerial Tram, Joshua Tree and Living Desert on the list.

Then Laguna Beach for one night before heading home.

Would it be worth it to spend one more day in San Diego, I am sure there's so much else to see.

Should we forfeit Palm Springs for a longer Laguna stay.

Since I don't know the area well, and would like some days of relaxation, please comment on what you all personally think is worth it to see. We won't be back for another two years.

Thanks
Renee

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 06:11 PM
janis

You don't say when you are travelling. The season makes a HUGE difference whether you should skip Palm Springs.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 09:35 PM
Louise

Palm Springs is fun and kitchy with good shopping and some lovely hotels, it can be unbearable in the summer. It's quite a drive too, and the area FROM LA to Palm Springs is a crummy suburban wasteland known as the Inland Empire, nothing there that you can "do" on the way. Laguna on the other hand is simply beautiful, charming, and you can visit nearby beach communities of Newport Beach, Corona del Mar, and Long Beach which has the Queen Mary and a good Aquarium. All these things are less than 40 mins from Laguna.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 03:25 AM
renee

will be traveling there in MAY. Is palm springs too hot then for a young child?
Never experienced desert weather. I'm an east coaster.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 07:28 AM
Barbara

Renee, Palm Springs will be pretty hot in May. Why not spend an additional day in San Diego and go to the Wild Animal Park, or Sea World, or Legoland?

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 08:06 AM
xxx

Legoland would be a great choice for a toddler. Seaworld is another favorite for this age group.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 08:27 AM
xxx

it will be hot in palm springs but if you've never experienced the desert, i'd go. good excuse to relax around the pool.
however, san diego is wonderful too. i agree that legoland is probably more exciting for a kid that age then any other attraction. too young to really enjoy sea world. a day on the beach is probably more enjoyable for kids then "attractions".