Please, guide me!

Old Mar 14th, 1999, 09:41 AM
Annie

Please, guide me!

My name is Annie.I am from South Korea. I have stayed America since last year. Right now I live in Cheyenne,Wyoming with helping my couson's business. Before I go back to Korea I wish I could travel around the united states of America. But I have no idea about what do I need, what do i prepare, where should I go, How could I travel etc. I am just thinking that I will rent the car and will go California.
Please guide this poor girl.

Old Mar 14th, 1999, 11:24 AM
Paul Rabe

Yep, Annie, you do need some guidance. But so do we!! Before anyone can give you decent, useful advice, we need to know: (1) how old you are (affects whether you can rent a car), (2) how much time you have, (3) what you hope to experience while traveling (if you want scenic beauty, I'd recommend one place; if you want big city excitement, I'd recommend someplace else), (4) whether you're traveling alone (to be just plain nasty, there are places in the U.S. where a young Korean woman should not travel alone), (5) whether you want to travel as cheaply as possible, and (6) whether you feel confident traveling without someone to guide you.

If you can give us more information on the above, we can give you MUCH better information.

Old Mar 14th, 1999, 11:48 AM
Cheryl Z.

Annie, Paul is right. There is such a variety of places to see and things to do here in the States, possibly more than many other countries. Also the price range will be from one extreme to the other and finances will play a big part in your travel plans. If you are on a budget of some sort, and haven't already done so, you are in a wonderful part of the country to see some exquisite scenery with not much travel - Yellowstone Park, Colorado, Utah, the Grand Canyon.
Once you give us some more details as Paul has requested, you will get an abundance of excellent suggestions.

Old Mar 14th, 1999, 04:08 PM
Bob Brown

From Cheyenne there are some of the natural wonders of the USA within reach. Have you been to Yellowstone National Park, the Tetons, and Rocky Mountain National Park? Yellowstone is a day's drive away from you, but it is marvellous and relatively safe.
The Grand Teton National Park is next door to Yellowstone. Rocky Mountain National Park is only two or three hours away in Colorado. That might get you started on your travels. The above ideas in the earlier posts are very good ones. Tell us more and we can help.

Old Mar 14th, 1999, 07:15 PM
Annie

It's Annie again.
Thanks Paul,Cheryl,Bob
It's so exiting to hear the answers from somebody that I don't know who you are.
Anyway, I just turned into 22years old. I have heard it is dangerous to travel alone. Still I am tring to find somebody else who can come with me. but even I couldn't have one that time, I will do traveling by myself.If I have a guide that I can trust and I don't need to pay so much money, it will be great. I am going to travel around 3 weeks. I think it will depend on how many places I am going to go. I want to spent around $2000 for the traveling expenses. I don't want to spend more money that I don't need to, and also I am not looking for the cheapest way. I just want economic(?) traveling.
And
I already had been Rockey mountain. Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park, I'm sure I will bo there during this summer traveling.
Thanks again, for the attention to the my message. I hope I could get more informations. This is so exciting.