Reload this Page >

places to stay near yellowstone

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2003, 07:26 PM
westie250

we will be first time travelers to Yellowstone and grand tetons. we would appreciate suggestions on places to stay. we will be there for 1 week. need help!

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without knowing when you will be traveling, it's difficult to give advise regarding accommodations. If you are traveling this summer, it's probably too late to get anything within the park except perhaps a random a night or two by locating at different sites. I would look for accommodations in Gardiner near the north enterance or in West Yellowstone where there will still be openings. You might want to consider relocating to the Jackson area for your time in GTNP. Good luck!
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 07:53 AM

I can't recommend a specific place but for the best location I would recommend finding lodging at West Yellowstone.

Utahtea
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 09:36 AM

As the others have said, both parks are popular places. As a result, you need to make reservations in advance by at least three or four months, or even more for the Old Faithful area.
Otherwise, you take what you can get.

My preference in Yellowstone is the Old Faithful Snow Lodge or the Snow Loge cabins. In the Tetons, Signal Mountain Lodge is ok as is Colter Bay Village.

I would suggest you try Colter Bay Village because it is to the north of the main part of the Tetons and south of Yellowstone. You would then not be locked as much.

As to time division, good question.
Yellowstone is more varied and larger.
So a 2 day Tetons and 4 days Yellowstone might work well for you.
Old Jul 13th, 2003, 08:48 PM

The Colter Bay cabins were fun. We enjoyed walking along the shore and the park service talks. We rented a boat out on the lake. We then stayed at the Jackson Lake Lodge. It was great, with a fantastic view. We also went horseback riding and hiking from there. Heard a coyote or maybe a wolf howling late one night from our room in the back.
We stayed at Lake Yellowstone hotel in the park itself and enjoyed the view.