Reload this Page >

Places to buy ski-wear

Search

Places to buy ski-wear

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Mark

Places to buy ski-wear

I will be in Las Vegas and Boston during December and am looking for good places to buy skiwear (just clothing and accessories, not skis etc). Can anyone recommend any places within these cities that would be worth a visit? I will be going to Belz Factory Outlet in Las Vegas if there is anywhere there. Thanks for your help.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 07:45 PM
xxx

I don't know where your're from or what you have around you, but Sports Chalet or SportsMart would be a good start. They have a lot of ski stuff where I am in California.

Old Nov 28th, 2002, 03:35 AM
Mark

Thanks. I am coming over from the UK and was thinking it would be a good opportunity to get my ski-wear where it probably significantly cheaper than in London. I have tried various internet searches but without much luck.

Old Nov 28th, 2002, 03:50 AM
nina

Your best bet are the outdoor Sports stores which you'll find all over Boston, but they will be expensive, especially now. You can try this.

A few months ago I walked into TJ Maxx (a large discount chain store that sells some very nice merchandise). They're all over the Northeast. Anyway, they had loads of big name skiwear (Helly Hansen, Bogner, Colombia, Head, Nordica, etc), very deeply discounted. I paid $99 for my Helly Hansen jacket that normally sells for well over $300. I stocked up for the whole family the prices were so good. They still have a fair selection left, so give it a try if you're looking for a bargain. You might also try Marshalls. They also had lots of pants, gloves, hats, etc.

Sure they are probably last year's models, but so what. It's a great savings.

Old Nov 28th, 2002, 03:54 AM
nina

Oh and Mark, you may want to repost this tomorrow. It's Thanksgiving today, so traffic here will be light. I'm just about to go out for a run before heading to the relatives house for the big meal. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!