Search

Pittsburgh Question- Parking at Sheraton Station Square Context

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2010, 07:49 AM
JJ5
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pittsburgh Question- Parking at Sheraton Station Square Context

Well, I gambled with hotwire. I turned down a couple of deals from them in the last 2 weeks and they must have a new gimick, because they emailed me a 24 hour offer for a 3.5 star in downtown Pittsburgh for $79 per day- and I took it- name unseen.

So it turned out to be the Sheraton Station Square- the only one on the waterfront.

Here is the question. We have decided to drive instead of flying. We will be going to Cedar Point and other places on the way now. This is June 2010.

We might not take the van, but my car. And we will be taking a BOAT to the Pirates games. (Short shuttle from the hotel- is a ferry.)

So- do you think it is better to park at our hotel or to use the facilities for Station Square. And which parking facility? We may never take the car out, except maybe once to go to the zoo.

Anyone out there who knows the best place to park here within the choices? Doesn't have to be the cheapest- just the easiest for self-park, secure etc.
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 08:53 AM

There is a parking garage immediately adjacent to the hotel, and then there are several open lots in the station square complex. The closest and most secure parking to the hotel is the parking garage. I don't know how the rates compare but I'm sure the hotel can tell you. Unless its a matter of expense, I would park in the garage and you will have easy in and out access.
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 12:30 PM
JJ5
Original Poster

Thanks, remote. That's exactly what we will do.
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 05:20 PM

Yep - ditto on the garage. Security can be a bit lax in some of the other Station Square lots on nights when there isnt much going on.
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:02 AM

The hotel has its own area for parking, and you can use it since you are staying there. The hotel is basically right next to the garage parking, but why not use the hotel parking, walk out the lobby, turn right and there's the hotel lot--- it is fenced in separately from the general outdoor parking.
When we stay at the hotel we always use their lot.
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 08:14 AM
cd

JJ5
You didn't ask this question but let me suggest where to stay at Cedar Point. Hotel Breakers (new section) It's right on the Lake Erie beach with two pools and I think your girls would love to stay there. Go out the back way to the beach and boardwalk and go out the front to the park and parking. You also get to enter the park an hour early by staying at the hotel. We live 2hrs away and often just go up to walk the grounds....http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/par...l_breakers.cfm Of course, I might be telling you something you already know....