Reload this Page >

Pioneer Square Hotel- Seattle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 05:09 PM
lucy

Would like to know if anyone has stayed here and how safe an area it is.

Old Jul 19th, 1999, 02:12 PM
julie

Lucy -- as a native seattlite, I did not know anything about this hotel, so I looked it up on the Seattle Sidewalk web site. Great site if you're coming to Seattle. This is what it says:

The Pioneer Square Hotel offers visitors the option of staying right in the heart of Seattle's oldest district. For those who enjoy history, who want to be near shopping, night life and restaurants, and who don't mind urban grit, the Pioneer Square Hotel is a solid choice in the moderate price range. The 75 rooms are comfortably furnished, with rich cherry furniture lending an air of elegance.

Renovations have forced some sacrifices -- closets were turned into bathrooms, so the rooms now have armoires in which to stow your belongings -- but have also brought on advantages: Built in 1914, the hotel is quieter than you would expect, given its proximity to the Alaskan Way viaduct and the bustle of Pioneer Square.

If you're looking for a breakfast that would satisfy a pioneer, then keep looking: The Continental, included with the room rate here, is a little sparse.

Good price for on the hotel for Seattle and you will not be far from most of the downtown sites. Just be aware that this ia an area where the homeless and panhandlers hang out (altho not as bad as it used to be). I guess I would say go for it because you won't find anything cheaper in downtown Seattle.

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 02:53 PM
Cheryl Z.

Lucy - As a Seattle local too, I second Julie's opinion. It's very convenient to lots of things to see and do, convenient to the waterfront. As long as you use some common sense just like in any other city, you shouldn't have any problems. The area is always bustling with tourists, and filled with activity, especially now during the summer. And if you do want a bigger breakfast, try Trattoria Michelli's across the street. Have a great trip.

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 07:25 PM
sheri

Actually, Julie was quoting ME (I wrote the hotel reviews for Sidewalk). Glad to see that people use them...and sad that Sidewalk has been sold

Sheri Doyle
Pacific Northwest Journeys

Old Jul 31st, 1999, 09:03 AM
jill

I stayed there in January. I was leery when a co-worker made the reservations for there since the last time I had been in Seattle this seemed like a very down and out area. I was greatly surprised in January. The area had certainly improved. We walked at night to various restuarants and felt safe. The hotel staff was very friendly. I thought the breakfast was good - bagels, an assortment of very good muffins, and fruit. There were five of us - four had very large rooms and one had a small one . I would definitely stay there again.

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 06:18 AM
lucy

We had our stay at the hotel, and would recommend it. It was very convienent to the waterfront , shopping and other tourist attractions. The room was very clean and the service was good and friendly. There was plenty of food for breakfast. We enjoyed our stay in Seattle.

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 04:34 PM
sheri doyle

Lucy, glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and that the breakfast was ample! I will have to update my review to reflect that.

Old Aug 17th, 1999, 01:45 PM
julie

To Sheri: Seattle Sidewalk has been sold? What changes will we see?