Reload this Page >

Phonix Freaks Please Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 1996, 12:02 PM
Bernard Sklar

Why don't you use the Fodor trip planner. There are loads of things to do in and around Phoenix. Don't miss Scottsdale, the Heard Museum, Sedona and the Grand Canyon and Painted Desert. That requires a lot of driving, but you can do it in two weeks.
Have a ball.
Bernie

Old Nov 26th, 1996, 10:46 AM
louise crawford

Here are some web sights you might try.All of these sites are preceded with http://www. azcentral.com pr.state.az.us nsp.gov/grca ag.arizona.edu/ASDM gorp.com I hope some of these sites will help plan your trip. L.C.

Old Nov 26th, 1996, 11:01 AM
Louise Crawford

Sorry they all ran together.They are as follows:www.azcentral.com www.pr.state.az.us www.nps.gov/grca/ ag.arizona.edu/ASDM www.gorp.com Good luck!

Old Nov 26th, 1996, 09:52 PM
georgia

Scottsdale art scene is great. Also check out Frank Lloyd Wright Taliesen. Head south a bit to Coolidge to Casa Grande, amazing archealogical Indian site. Great funky food at the Sunset Cafe. Head north to Red Rocks country and Sedona. Stop at Montezuma's Castle, ancient Indian settlement dug out of mountainside. Sedona is a little touristy, but fun for an afternoon or so. Also check out the Cathedral in the Mountain.

Old Dec 7th, 1996, 08:26 PM
Julie Miller

If you are starting in Phoenix and wanting to end in New Mexico I would begin by driving south. I would visit the Desert Museum in Tucson, Sabino Canyon, Mt Lemmon, and San Xavier del Bac. Further south (1hr.)is Mexico,Tubac is on the way and very cute arts and crafts town. Tombstone is a historic Old West town that is fun to visit. Then I would head back north to Phoenix. While there make sure you visit the Heard Museum, Old Town Tempe and Old Town Scottsdale, Superstition Mts, and if you have a chance the Apache Trail is beautiful, but takes at least three hours. Then I would continue North to Sedona exit 179N, in Sedona go on the Broken Arrow 2 1/2hour jeep tour with Pink Jeeps, and then take 89A to Flagstaff. Take 180 to the Grand Canyon and then take 64 to Cameron. You could then take 160 to New Mexico, which would take you through Monument Valley or you could take 89S to I-40E to N.M. which has the Painted Desert to see. Either way they are both beautiful.