Reload this Page >

Phoenix-Wyndham Buttes

Search

Phoenix-Wyndham Buttes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 05:24 AM
Ellen

Phoenix-Wyndham Buttes

We are planning a trip to Phoenix in March and staying at the Wyndham Buttes. Has anyone stayed there and what's it like? Also any mid priced restaurants you can recommend in Tempe, Phoenix, Scottsdale?
Thanks.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Sue

Never stayed at Wyndham Buttes. Restaurant recommendations:
Buster's, Don and Charlie's, Bandera's, T.Cook's, Lon's at Hermosa Inn, Restaurant Hapa, Roaring Fork, Barmouche, P.F. Chang's, Roxsand, Bamboo Club, Razz, Tarbell's, Tomaso's, Franco's Trattoria, Houston's.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 06:54 AM
steve

There is an excellent restaurant in the hotel. Also recommend the nearby Rustler's Rooste. In Tempe, the best chicken in the world is at El Pollo Supremo - a very small place near the RR tracks on University.

We eat weekly at Longhitano's at McClintock & Elliot - very nice family Italian (not just pasta!) restaurant

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 07:27 PM
Jeanette

In Tempe, House of Tricks. Eat outside. A real local treat that you will remember very fondly. I promise.

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 03:09 PM
scott

Dear Ellen,
Sue really knows her restaraunts, she must live in the area "kudos". I will add a couple Razz and if you want a little more unique and trendy seen try AZ 88 beautiful people. All good places to eat. One great thing about phoenix and Scottsdale is a lot of al fresco eating establihments. Question though what made you chose the Buttes? It's near the University and over looks the freeway. Don't get me wrong it's very nice and has a great restaraunt, but your really not where it's all happening! for the same money within a few bucks you could stay at the Phoenician, The palms, Hyatt Gainey Ranch and more that have better location. Enjoy, I moved here from the mid-west 12 years ago and I feel I am on vaction everyday.