COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Phoenix to Sedona Day Trip?

Old Feb 1st, 2003, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

Phoenix to Sedona Day Trip?

I will be in Phoenix overnight on a stopover from Palm Springs business trip. Arriving Friday morning Feb.14 and leaving Saturday afternoon Feb.15. Does this give me enough time to do Sedona (and possibly even the Grand Canyon). Probably won't get back this way again and would really love to see the Grand Canyon if possible but don't want to use up all my time driving. Any suggestions for "must sees" and hotel?
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 11:36 PM

The Grand Canyon is 4 hours away from Phoenix.

Sedona is about 2 hours away from Phoenix.

Only you can decide how much you want to spend on the road and what time you want to get up to drive back. Remember the days are short in Feb.

Utahtea
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 05:58 AM
lkj

It is no porblem whatsoever doing a day trip to Sedona. I have never gone to the Grand Canyon in the same day but it certainly can be done. You could go to the Grand Canyon first and then briefly stop at Sedona on your way back. You obviously wouldn't have a lot of time at either, but you would see them. If you go to Sedona, go to the Enchantment Resort which has a great casual restaurant on a balcony that overlooks a spectacular view. Have a drink or bite to eat, it is well worth it. About a hotel rec., do you mean in Phoenix/Scottsdale? What is your price range??? There are several fantastic hotels in the Scottsdale area.
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

I think I'll drive from Palm Springs to Phoenix on Thurs after my meetings end and stay on the outskirts of Phoenix Thursday night. That way I'll have a full day on Friday to do the Grand Canyon thing and then maybe stay in Sedona Friday night. My flight out of Phoenix on Saturday isn't until 2pm so I'll have time to drive back to Phoenix Saturday morning. This may be unrealistic but I'm thinking maybe around $100 per night for hotel.
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 05:29 PM
Original Poster

Topping
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 01:24 PM

I'd double your budget for a hotel, unless you don't mind staying in dumps. You're talking about the weekend in the middle of snowbird season.