Philly airport transfers

Search

Philly airport transfers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Philly airport transfers

Hi we are in the same boat and would love some feedback from some frequent Philly travelers.

The deal, we are connecting in philly (going from F3 to A26) w/ less than an hour to spare do we try to run to A terminal, or try to mess with the bus.

How often does the A terminal bus come?

How long is the ride vs/ walking and running? and how often does it come.....I would hate to miss the flight while waiting on the bus.....

Also, if you walk do you have to go through more security?

I will ask the flight attendant but any first hand accounts always help
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:24 AM

Here's the number for ground transportation help at the Philadelphia airport (215) 937-6958
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Hello, Thanks for the number. However, I called and they were not very helpful about inter terminal travel
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:36 AM

F to A is a marathon, not a sprint. Take the bus, even if it doesn't run very frequently. Take it from someone who did the trip in the opposite direction, you'll regret it if you walk, but you'll be stuck in the middle with no choice but to trudge on.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks So much,this is very helpful

Does anyone know if you have to go through security again once you get to the A terminal ? via the bus?
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:47 AM
bm

Nope...no security. It's also quite a hike from where the bus drops you off to gate A if I remember correctly.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

what would you say a rough estimate on time w/ the bus???
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 12:51 PM

I looked at a map of the terminals. What about catching a taxi instead of a bus? Wouldn't cost much....
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:00 PM

If you don't have to go through security again with the bus, take the bus. If you took a cab, you'd have to go through security.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Joan,
I am wondering about the shuttle bus time inter terminal wise. Thanks for your help
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:15 PM

Take the bus from Gate F10 (in the middle of the F consourse) to the A terminal. Not a long wait (no more than 10 minutes), and the it takes no more than 5 minutes by bus to get the A terminal. You will not have to go thru security again. The bus is very reliable and safe.

DO NOT TAKE A CAB!!! It will take much, much longer, and you will have the go through security again.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:18 PM

I'm not trying to argue with you, SenecaGirl, and it really does sound faster to take the bus, but can you really exit the building, get on a bus, get back off, and go into a new terminal WITHOUT going thru security? Another poster stated they couldn't go to an inside food court without re-entering security...
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:22 PM

Cabbies will refuse to take you to the other terminal. They've probably waited for a long time in line to get a fare into the city. Unless you give him/her a huge tip...
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Seneca girl,

Thanks so much for the help. Taking the bus seems alot quicker than the 20-25 minute walk i have been hearing about. Once I get to A terminal at least I can fight my way to my flight to paris.....
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 04:14 PM

Absolutely take the bus. As Seneca Girl mentioned, just go to Gate F10 in the F-Terminal. The bus leaves from there every 10 minutes or so. You'll be at the A terminal in a few minutes after that. You don't have to go through security; the bus runs across the airport tarmack, not through the outer streets.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 07:27 PM

No problem ARCHIGRAM!! Glad to help.

joan -- if you read my previous posts, you can tell that I have traveled thru the Phila airport extensively. I am there at least 6 times/month. Philly can be confusing and it is laid out weird. Terminal E (Northwest and Southwest)is separate from all the others. However A, B, C, D are connected. Terminal F is separate as well, however since it is US Airways, they allow you to take a shuttle bus to C and A for convience so you don't have to walk in and out of security for connecting flights.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 05:34 AM

Yes Senecagirl, I could tell you knew what you're talking about! I travel there about twice a year, and I'm sorry I suggested the taxi idea - because now I remember that (my brother tells me) due to the fact that the exit off of I-95 ran directly into the airport, they changed the configuration after 9/11. So a taxi who went from terminal to terminal now has to exit, then drive like a 20 minute loop to return to the airport. Crazy stuff - people pull over on I-95 so as to avoid the very long return loop if their pax have not arrived, making for some dangerous traffic.

On a side note, last year we traveled on Air Tran, and they decided to offload our luggage into a baggage claim two terminals away. Everyone on the flight had to leave the building, walk two terminals away, and re-enter to find their luggage. Crazy Philly!
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Sweet,

I had no idea you couldn't walk from F to A without going back through security this is something they fail to mention on PHL airport website or us airs website. Thanks again...
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:13 PM

joan -- I've had the same experience on baggage claim at Philly -- on a return trip home, coming in Terminal A, we got to A baggage claim, only to find out our luggage was moved to B/C -- had to walk outside in freezing weather to get our luggage. I try really hard not to ever check luggage, as stuff like this happens way too often.

You're being really nice by calling Philly "crazy"!! I have much worse words to describe it, and if I used them, I'd certainly be banned!!!
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 04:09 AM

At the Philly airport, each terminal has it's own security. The bus trip wouldn't be the concern, it's getting thru the security in a timely manner. Depending on the time of the day, it could take up to a 1/2 hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -