Search

Phillies v Yankees?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phillies v Yankees?

5 or 6 years ago we made our first and only trip to NYC with the kids. One of our fondest memories was the day at Yankee Stadium -- none of us are particularly baseball or even sports fans, for that matter, but the atmosphere and activity, etc made up for lack of interest in baseball itself.

To tell the truth, my then 12 year old loves to talk about spending 3 hours during the game watching the people return to their seats near us with food and the steps were uneven so EVERYONE spilled food, drink, beers all over other people. Now is that a memory of a family vacation..

This summer we are heading to Philadelphia for the first time. Should we put a Phillies game on the agenda for some evening? They are home the entire week we are visiting.

I know it isn't Yankee Stadium, but rural midwesterners visiting the Phillies might be just as much fun! Any opinions?
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 03:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Phillies have a wonderful new stadium. Go and enjoy!!
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 04:23 AM

I'm not a baseball fan but live in Philly. I think it would be fun for an out of towner to plan a night having a wonderful Italian dinner in South Philly then head over to the stadium to see Ryan Howard and the fightin' Phils.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 08:16 AM

Defintely. And if you stay at a hotel near S. Broad, you can quickly take public transportation to the ballpark. (There's public transport from other spots, but S. Broad is the most convenient to the stadium.)

Go early, get in line for a roast pork sandwich behind the left field stands and have a good time.
Old Jan 26th, 2007, 10:36 AM

By chance you're driving you might consider the Ballpark in Pittsburgh, instead.

Virtually everything I've read about the new Pirates stadium says it is the best is baseball.