Reload this Page >

Philadelphia Convention Hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 10:22 AM
Merlinda

I am planning a work trip to Philadelphia in May 2001--will be attending a convention at the Philadelphia Convention Center.

I have a reservation at the Marriott Courtyard. Is this a nice place? My other choices were the Loews, the Philadelphia Marriot (non-Courtyard), or the Hilton Garden Inn. From the research I've done, the Courtyard seems to be the most interesting place, and on the more-affordable side of things. I would appreciate any constructive input you can offer.

Thanks!
Merlinda

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 12:13 PM
Howard

We just stayed at the Loew's Philadelphia and were very pleased. Room was nice and staff was very accommodating. I believe it's a lot closer to the convention center than the Courtyard is.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 02:16 PM
Joanna

We just got back last week from the marriott courtyard - it is our third time staying there - It is very nice and highly recommend it - the Philadelphia Marriott right across the street is a little more pricey but we have switched to the courtyard the last few times we were down - less money, just as nice. You will be very central to the convention center - right across the street; the Reading Terminal Market a great place to grab a quick bite and just take in the atmosphere and so close to Chinatown try the Imperial Inn excellent
Have a great time Philly is a terrific city.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 07:01 PM
Jamie

Merlinda: have you ever stayed at a Courtyard? Any Courtyard?
Then you've got a very good idea what this Courtyard is like.
The Convention Center Marriott is OK but nothing outstanding. Good if you get a decent rate, even better if you're not paying. Certainly not the Four Seasons, but very convenient for the conventioneer.

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 12:59 PM
Merlinda

Jamie, yes, I’ve stayed at other Marriott Courtyards, but always the suburban generic kind— never in one of the historic city center Courtyards. I guess I was really looking more for comparison info between the 3 (Courtyard, Loews, and Marriott).

Thanks to Howard, Joanna, and Jamie for your responses!

I’ll continue to check back if anyone has anything else to add. My trip is still 2 months away, but it is providing me with a “light” at the end of the tunnel—like everyone else, life is very busy these days, and I’m looking forward to getting away...even if it is for a work-related conference!!

Cheers,
Merlinda