Search

Penn station to JFK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 08:23 AM
Pup

Penn station to JFK

What is the cheapest way to get to JFK airport from Penn Station? What is the cheapest way to get from JFK to Manhattan? I'll be traveling alone and don't want to spend over $30 each way by taxi. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 01:39 PM
carole

The cheapest way ($1.50) to get from Penn Station to JFK is by subway. Take the downtown "A" train to the Howard Beach/JFK stop. A Port Authority shuttle bus (free) will take you from there right to the airport.

The JKF website has information about other transportation options. Good luck!

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 01:41 PM
carole

Oops! Of course I meant the "JFK" website...

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 02:28 PM
minbrooklyn

Go to Grand Central and take the Carey bus. It's about $13 or so. Will drop you off right at your terminal. It's about a 45 minute bus ride, allow for time to get to Grand Central then for the bus to leave, which is fairly often. You know, thinking about it, they may even leave from Penn Station. Give them a call. Good luck.

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 02:30 PM
minbrooklyn

FYI they're office is right outside and across the street (south) from Grand Central.

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 07:50 PM
rqf

Subway/bus is the least expensive way - $1.50. Trip will take in excess of one hour. Take the A train at 34th and 8th Avenue - west side of Penn Station. The A train has two destinations. One goes to Far Rockaway, the other to Lefferts Blvd. You want the one that goes to Far Rockaway.