Reload this Page >

Pearl Harbour Memorials - Best Time

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 12:55 AM
Brian

Hi, Is there a "best" time to visit here each day - any other hints ??? Thanks - Graham

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 03:50 AM
love2go

EARLY! We were advised to go as early as possible to get in. We were there at about 9 and had to wait 5 hours. People who came after lunch were shut out. We were there in mid July.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 05:22 PM
Celeste

Either very early or very late. I have been to the Arizona Memorial many times and have had little or no wait early in the morning or close to closing. And when I get there at 11 AM and the wait is a couple of hours, I simply take my ticket and go to Aiea for lunch, then return.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 05:27 PM
mari

just went a couple months ago and was amazed at the crowds. the rules are that everyone must be present to pick up his own ticket, and then must be present at the designated time, no later. so 4 of us got there at noon, in time for tickets for the 3pm program. we then got back in the car and drove the 10-15 minutes back to town to the hawaii nature center in makiki, where we spent a nice couple hours eating our picnic lunch and fishing for guppies and prawns in the stream w/ the 'stream explorers kit' sold there.

my point is that u shd have a plan b in case u're faced w/ a similar wait for the pearl harbor memorial--an activity not too far away that can fill a couple hours. alternatively, if the wait isn't that long, the uss bowfin submarine museum is just next door.

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 10:59 PM
tani

Lines have been much longer than usual due to the movie Pearl Harbor.

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 03:00 AM
Maui Mike

There are no tourists here now. NO waits, no lines.