Reload this Page >

PEabody Orlando for Pleasure

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 06:21 AM
Hello

Any advice on the Peabody Orlando for a vacation rather than business trip? Any advice would be much appreciated. Location, amenities, etc. Thanks.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 08:09 AM
Angel

Several years ago I lounged there for days while spouse was across the street at a convention. It is probably the most restful I've ever felt.

The place is beautiful -- the ducks, the pool, the TV in the bathroom, the ducks, the smooth sheets, the ducks, the pool. We never ate at the hoity-toity place -- Dux -- but did enjoy the Beeline Diner several times.

One thing you might find negative is that the area is hotel row (because of the convention center). I felt very safe walking alone because there were always convention-goers up and down the nearby sidewalks. There is a nice shopping area about a mile up International Drive, with FAO Schwartz in between.

Also, Sea World isn't too far away.

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 08:12 AM
DuxDeluxe

Got a thing about ducks, Angel ?

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 08:29 AM
Angel

The Peabody bus is a double-ducker!

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 09:10 AM
Donald

That Angel - I'm just quackers about her...... sigh.......

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 10:08 AM
smitty

The Peabody is an excellent hotel but truly a "business" hotel as it is directly across the road from the Convention Centre.
The service was exceptional and enjoyed all the facilities that they had.
By the way, the duck gig is over-rated !!

Old Aug 22nd, 2001, 01:11 PM
sally

I stayed at the Peabody last December. I enjoyed it very much. The ducks are adorable and I do not think they are overrated. The Hotel is immaculate. It is very relaxing to sit in the lobby, watch the ducks and waterfall. The location is okay, but if you are planning to visit Disney or Universal I recommend staying on their respective properties. The pool at the Peabody is nice and the weight room is also nice. Just go over your itinery and look at a map to see how far away the attrations you want to see are. That road that the Peabody is on is very busy and it may take longer than you think to get from point A To B.