Pasadena restaurants

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 03:33 PM
milton

Pasadena restaurants

Will be in Pasadena for a day next week. Any family restaurant or interesting place frequented by locals to suggest? We're not looking for fine dining, just good food, good value, great service? Mahalo in advance!

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 03:53 PM
XXX

Burger Continental on Lake Avenue is casual (outdoor dining), great food and reasonable prices. Crocodile Cafe on Colorado Blvd. is also another favorite, along with The Cheesecake Factory.

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 04:36 PM
Haole

For good Thai food try: Saladang at 363 So. Fair Oaks. Need reservations.

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 04:38 PM
John

There is a tiny French bakery in a hole in the wall on Colorado somewhere along the south side of the street in the main strip (across from Starbucks & Barnes & Noble). It is to die for.

The Twin Palms a block or so farther south is an upscale but very nice place, very interesting design with designer food. Not cheap, but not a budget buster either. Aloha.

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Haole

Yes I agree, Twin Palms.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 03:26 PM
kam

Our favorite is the tiny Italian, Sorriso on Colorado. Others are Market City Cafe, Yugean Kang's, Il Fornaio and yes, Twin Palms, but that's a bit more upscale. Just take a walk along Colorado in Old Pasadena and the surrounding blocks and you'll find lots to try.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 03:28 PM
kam

Clicked to quickly: also look at Merida for Yucatan/Mexican and Kuala Lumpor.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Sarah

Milton - I had come across your posting for a comedy club in the LA area...tried posting, but it just wouldn't work. Try the Ice Castle in Pasadena for comedy.

I'd also second the suggestion for the Burger Continental for good casual dining. Kaula Lampur is also very good for an ethnic restaurant choice.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Christina

Isn't that the Ice House for comedy?

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 11:00 PM
joe

Avanti Cafe on Lake just north of Colorado has great gourmet pizza.

The Hat on Lake a mile north of Colorado is famous for great Pastrami sandwiches and onion rings.
McMurphy's Tavern has good fish n' chips

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Toni

Try Gordon Beirsch (sp) on Colorado Blvd in oldtown Pas for great ribs. I agree with the above poster about Saladang!! Wonderful food...very popular too so try and go early. Twin Palms is lots of fun...go for lunch, it's less pricey.

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 11:19 AM
drew

Try our website, www.gocitykids.com (choose Los Angeles as your city). If you search by neighborhood, you'll find a bunch of listings for family-friendly restaurants in Pasadena!

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 07:47 PM
milton

thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Christina, thanks one more time. will try to jam as many accessible restaurants & comedy clubs in the 2-3 meals that we'll have with my buddy. again, mahalo. btw, just got back from maui and the weather was just great (coming from someone who lives in Honolulu)! Hope you all get a chance to make it out there someday.