Parking in Memphis......

Apr 24th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Parking in Memphis......

I don't know if anyone saw the bottom of my other post so I decided to start a new one! There seems to be an issue with parking in Memphis?? We are staying at Graceland then the Peabody-Does either motel offer free parking for their guest?? Is there any public places to park in downtown Memphis?? Also where is safe to park? We will have a rental car and I really would like to return it in one piece!! Thanks!
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Ike

Are you staying somewhere around Graceland. You can't stay at Graceland. There's no Graceland Motel but there are motels close by. Don't stay there. Visit Graceland then drive to The Peabody. You will be fine there. Park your car there. The Peabody has a garage but I'm sure they charge. Quit worrying.
May 13th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

I'm sorry that was my mistake what I meant to say was we are staying at Heartbreak hotel then moving on to the Peabody! And I am not exactly worrying just wanted to talk to someone that had been there that may have been able to give some insight! I like to be prepared and since we will be joining five other people there I don't want to spend half the day driving around looking for parking spots! Anyone else have any ideas or knowledge that would be helpful????? Thanks!!
May 13th, 2007, 06:35 PM

Not free at the Peabody, but I think you can park yourself for less than the valet. My understanding about the Heartbreak is that it's not so safe, but that is not first hand knowledge.

Enjoy Memphis and don't miss the National Civil Rights Museum. It is so incredibly moving! Take the trolley; it's so easy.
May 15th, 2007, 03:24 PM

Change the reservations and just stay at the Peabody. There is nothing around Graceland except Graceland. The neighborhood is call Whitehaven. (Get the racial reference) Now it is not such a safe area. Very touristy. Peabody is "the place to stay" in downtown. Alternatives would be another hotel downtown.IMHO The Heartbreak Hotel is not that special even for Elvis fans. I have live hear all my life even in Whitehaven and didn't go to Graceland until someone from California took me! We spent one HOT afternoon there last July.
Sep 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Let's just say been there done that and the parking is horrible! $16 a day to self park or $21 a day for valet! Takes forever for them to get your car!! And I have to say the Heartbreak hotel is a very clean place not much to do around it except Graceland but hotel can hold it's own! As far as Peabody hotel I think it is way overrated!!! Charge for every little thing! Way better service at little Heartbreak hotel!!!