Reload this Page >

Parking at SFO Motels

Search

Parking at SFO Motels

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 08:51 PM
Chuck Shulock

Parking at SFO Motels

I am looking for a motel near San Francisco airport where I can leave my car for 4 days while on a trip. I did this several years ago but can't recall name of motel. Any suggestions? Other options? I live in Sacramento but am driving in to San Francisco the night before to catch early morning flight.

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 09:09 PM
grasshopper

There's a Best Western in Foster City, just off 101 and Hillsdale where you can leave your car if you stay one night. I think it's called El Rancho but I'm not positive.

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 10:22 PM
Suzie

Whenever we fly out of SFO we stay at the Crown Plaza. They let us leave our car there as long as we need and they shuttle us to the airport. We have never had any problems.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 07:52 AM
paul

The Best Western El Rancho is on El Camino Real in Millbrae (from 101 take Millbrae Ave. east, turn right on ECR).
The El Rancho has the stay/park policy and is about 2 miles from the terminals via their shuttle van. The Crowne Plaza is on Chess Drive (off 92) in San Mateo and is about 9 miles south of SFO but I'm not aware of that policy there.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 08:37 AM
paul

That should be take Millbrae Ave west, not east; and the Crowne Plaza is actually in Foster City - on the San Mateo line.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 08:41 AM
gail

We stayed at the Clarion, last time. The El Rancho has increased in price over the years.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 01:06 PM
Suzie

Thanks to Paul for prompting me to clarify. The hotel we stayed in was very near the airport out by the newer embassy suites. Apparently it is a Holiday Inn, though years ago I believe it was a Crowne Plaza. Sorry for the confusion. We've stayed there on several occasions I guess I just never burned the actual hotel name into my memory.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 01:41 PM
paul

Suzie, You're right - there used to be a Crowne Plaza on Airport Blvd. in Burlingame, but it became a Sheraton about 3 years ago. I use the Anza Park and Fly directly across from that hotel if I must drive myself. (about $12/day, less with coupon)

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 11:27 AM
kal

Another vote for the Clarion.

The El Rancho has increased their prices and it seems to have decreased the service. The shuttle made a stop or 2 at other hotels, too.

Clarion is closer to the freeway, the airport, restaurants and had a "direct" shuttle but I'm one of the world's most anxious travelers!
Kal