Reload this Page >

Parking at Newark Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Lost

Other than parking right at the airport, what places do you suggest for Park and Fly? I know there are several, but aren't sure of names, safety.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:17 AM
Still Lost

Any ideas???

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 07:19 AM
lisa

Never been there, but try posting under parking and accessories thread for some answers.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 11:29 AM
Lostlost

I would, Lisa, except it's "packing and accessories."

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 11:51 AM
xxxx

Try www.avistarparking.com
They have two locations near Newark airport. I use them frequently and they are fine.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:48 AM
Dave

We have parked many times at Park 2 Fly <park2fly.com> They are on Rt.1. You pull in there, they put your luggage in a van, you park the car right there in the lot, then a 5 min. drive to the airport, small tip to the driver. When you return, you call them and they are there in 10 min. Costs about $8-9/day as I remember. We intend to park there again soon.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 09:10 AM
cheap

Try pricing parking on airportparkinglots.com I used them (tho not at Newark) and found them cheaper than just pulling in the lot. You are not obligated, you can use them for names of lots and prices.

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 09:57 AM
Parking

Sorry the lot if full

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 09:59 AM
What

The parking lot if full of what?

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 10:01 AM
dennis

park at mr. B's, it is right next to avistar and they give you a free car wash when you park, (i used to use avistar and they were great until they dented my car and wouldn't compensate)...MR. B's you park your car at avistar it is valet style, so you run the risk of them crashing your car, stealing....I would still be using avistar if they didn't crash my car.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 11:43 AM
cdt

We had two excellent experiences with Vista parking, by the HoJo hotel.

The third time was Christmas weekend and they didn't have enough shuttles running to get people to the terminal promptly, so we had to park in the LT lot at the airport ($4/day more than Vista).

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Owen O'Neill

I've used Vista about a dozen times, Mr. B's once and Avistar once. Mr B.'s and Avistar may possibly (sometimes) pick you up after the flight a few minutes quicker but I like Vista better. It's really quick to get into from the NJ turnpike and they get me over to the terminal really fast. I haven't had the experience that "cdt" did but I haven't flown at any peak holiday periods (it's quite possible that all the park 'n fly places are slow at that time of year). I get an online price quote from Vista and pay $8.75 per day not including taxes. This the cheapest I've found at any of the EWR places without having a corporate rate.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Jayelle

I also recommend Vista. I use them every time I fly out of Newark and have never had a problem, even during the holidays. If you have AAA, you can get a discounted rate by showing your AAA card when you pay.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Found

I asked the original question on this thread, and we decided to also use Vista. Very easy to locate from Rt 78, and liked the fact that by calling from the airport they had our car out by the time we arrived on the shuttle bus.

HOWEVER, we noticed that our clock and all the preset radio stations were off as if the battery had been disconnected. This has never happened with this car before. The mileage was the same as
when we arrived, so this had us puzzled.

Any ideas from someone less mechanically challenged than me?

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 02:34 AM
HT

Ask your mechanic to check your batteries. It is possible that your car has now some old once and your original were stolen. It happened to us in Montreal parking lot in Hilton near Dorval. And we did not leave a car key with them.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 04:11 AM
John

Lost:

Wow! I think HT hit it on the head! When you remove a battery, all the "presets" (clock, radio etc)shut down. That would be a nasty deal if they took out your good battery and replaced it with a crap one! I always have used AVISTAR (near Hilton on rt. 1 and 9) and never had any problems!
JOHN