Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt in San Fran

Search

Park Hyatt in San Fran

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Erica

Park Hyatt in San Fran

Well, I followed the biddingfortravel.com advice and my husband and I got a room at the Park Hyatt in San Fran for $46 a night from July 3rd to the 7th. The only thing we are now concerned about (if though its too late!) is that we are going to be far from Union Square, where a lot of the "action" is (we are in our mid-20's and want to go out). It looks like the hotel has a bus service to downtown... has anyone stayed there and used this? And, how is the hotel in general? I mean, for $46 a night, I can't complain, but I guess I'm just afraid we won't be close to anything now! Any comments would be appreciated! Thanks!

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Michelle

It's a nice hotel. The rooms are better than the Westin SF, Palace, Grand Hyatt, Marriott, and anything on Fisherman's Wharf. It's not the Four Seasons, but for the dollar, you'll get MUCH more than your money's worth. Location isn't convenient, but still is only about 9 blocks from the central tourist areas.
You should stick with that deal IMO.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Erica

Thanks Michelle for your info. When you say that its not convienent, do you mean that its not convienent for walking to places? It looks like there is a cable car line right by and that the hotel provides service. I figure that we'll be doing so much sightseeing that no matter where we stayed, we'd have to take a bus/cab/cable car to see everything, right?
I guess I should be happy.... we were about to pay $109 at the Westin - would have been more centrally located, but we would have spent over $250 more for the four nights!

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Michelle

When I visit SF it's to go to meetings. I find that I'm back and forth to my hotel 2-4 times a day so being close to the convention center is really important for me.
If you don't need to be going back and forth to your hotel, the PH's location is no big deal IMO. Yes, the Westin is closer. But the rooms aren't as nice and they cost a lot more.
You can prioritize for yourself. Sounds to me like you did pretty well.
If you're worried about being criticized by your husband because you're a >10 minute walk from central Market Street, just prepare him in advance. Tell him you saved lots of $$ and got a great room, but the tradeoff is a few extra blocks.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 06:04 PM
clemm

Wow. You got a great deal. Very nice hotel and an easy walk cable/car ride up the hill to union square/nob hill. They even have a free car service to take you around. Only bummer: everything in the area (e.g. Starbucks next door, cafes, etc.) are closed on weekends.