Reload this Page >

Park & Fly Motels around JFK

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 05:32 AM
Shelley

SOS! We are a family of three flying to Hawaii from JFK airport on July 15th at 10:00am. We live in the Lehigh Valley area of PA. We cannot afford limo service from our area. Does anyone know where we can stay for a good rate near the airport that offers a decent park & fly arrangement? Please note that we need to keep our expenses down. We do have the AAA info, but would appreciate some personal experience feedback. Thanks very much for your assistance here.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 05:37 AM
Shelley

P.S. Also, does anyone have other suggestions on the best way to JFK from Route 78 in NJ other than the Goethals Bridge to Staten Island to the Verrezano Narrows bridge to the Belt Parkway. Is there a better way in than this? Thanks again!

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 06:53 AM
rqf

One option is to take the Lincoln Tunnel into the city and then cross Manhattan to take the Midtown tunnel to the Long Island Expressway to the Grand Central Parkway to the Van Wyck Expressway. I, personally, would take the Staten Island route.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 11:17 AM
Shelley

Thanks, rqf for responding. I used to travel the Belt Parkway many years ago and I remember how bad it was then. I've been warned that it is constantly bumper to bumper all the way from the Verrezano Narrows to JFK. Can you shed some light here? We're planning to go in on the 14th early evening, stay overnight and pick up our plane in the morning on the 15th.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 04:01 AM
Tammy

I stayed at the Radisson before a 12 day trip and left my car in their garage. We checked the place out for security and it looked pretty good. The rooms are nice, clean and seemed new.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Shelley

Tammy - Do you remember how much you paid for lodging and park and fly at the Radisson? My husband just got us a reservation at the Best Western in Carlton. If the price is right, we can always make a change. Thanks.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 03:24 PM
Tammy

I think the room was $150; the parking was free(for at least twelve nights). They have a complimentary shuttle that runs back and forth every 20 miunutes or so.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 02:56 AM
Tammy

top for Shelley

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 05:27 AM
Patty

Shelley,

My family and i stayed at the Sheraton ariport near JFK. The rate was about $150.00. It was a deal that included parking in their secure lot. There is a shuttle that runs about every 20 minutes to the airport. I live in Nj and I know that every time we go to JFK my husband goes via the GW bridge.
Patty

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 06:07 AM
Shelley

Thanks, Tammy & Patty for your responses. I checked with the Radisson and they charge 199 with a 10 day park and fly arrangement. I have a reservation. Patty, can you fill me in on your route from the GW? We are coming from the Easton, PA area and can easily pick up Route 80 from Hackettstown via back roads. Also, how long ago did you stay at the Sheraton and was it on a Saturday night? Do they also give a AAA discount? Thanks.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 08:23 AM
Shelley

Can anyone else help me with the route to JFK from the GW bridge? Is it less of a hassle than taking the Belt Parkway? If not, I'll stick with the Belt as this is familiar to me. Thanks very much.

Old Jul 13th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Shelley

Hello out there! I would really appreciate an answer to the posted question on the GW route to JFK - paricularly the Raddison Hotel. Thanks!