palm beach restaurants---staying at the breakers

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2009, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the breakers okay with teens (3)..also any restaurant ideas ?
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:54 AM

We live in the West Palm Beach area, and have dinner frequently at restaurants near the Breakers. The Breakers is a beautiful hotel - your entire family will enjoy it. We had our wedding reception at The Breakers in The Circle room, and stayed at the hotel that night. The service at the hotel is top notch. They serve breakfast each morning in The Circle room, which I highly recommend.

As for restaurant suggestions, I highly recommend the Palm Beach Grill, which is about 3 blocks from The Breakers. It is part of the Houston's restaurant group, with a similar menu, although a bit more expensive. The crab cakes here are amazing! Another one of our favorites is Cucina, also within 3 blocks of the hotel (Cucina also serves breakfast).

Just across the intracoastal in downtown West Palm Beach is a mexican restaurant that I think you will enjoy, especially your teens - Rocco's Tacos. Also in downtown West Palm is Coal Fire Pizza.

If you want other restaurant ideas that may not be as close to The Breakers, but within the area, let me know what you like and I can recommend other places. When is your trip? You will want to make reservations at any of these restaurants in advance, especially the Palm Beach Grill, which fills up 3 weeks ahead of time.
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:44 AM

We loved the asian place - it's been a few years, but I hear it's still great.

http://www.echopalmbeach.com/

We loved our stay at The Breakers. It is a grande dame. I had a nice private tour of a couple of dining rooms and the art by a staffmember who noticed me poke my head in for a looksie. Just wanted to share the whole experience and history with me. Take advantage of moments like that with the staff. The concierge also made some reservations for us somewhere in WPalmBeach. He got a $10 or $20 tip and we got 4 desserts as his compliment....like the payforward thing! He took care of a rest rec, we took care of him, rest took care of us.
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:46 AM

oh karen67, how bout that famous breakfast joint across from the beach? I had very memorable granola crusted french toast and then a brisk dip in the ocean.....air was around 40 degrees, ocean 70
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:48 AM

I think this may be the place - don't know if it is still wonderful....

http://johngs.com/breakfast.html