Reload this Page >

Page/lake powell arizona

Search

Page/lake powell arizona

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 10:27 AM
anne

Page/lake powell arizona

Are planning on including a stop in page during our zion/bryce/grand canyon trek.
any opinion on best route from bryce to
page. where to stay in page/lake powell.
Has anyone taken the 1/2 day raft trip along
the Colorado River that is offered in Page?

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 10:40 AM
tina

from bryce, go west on rt 12 until you get to rt 89. head south and it will take you right to page, about 5 hours drive (? - we stopped at the north rim of the g.c. before we headed to page). stay at color canyon b & b 800.536.2530. did not take the 1/2 day raft trip , but did go on a boat trip on lake powell that was really nice. also spectacular was the photo tour to the upper antelope slot canyons given by roger eris. have fun!

Old Apr 26th, 2000, 09:34 PM
Sara

We stayed at the Wahweap Lodge just outside of Page last summer. It's quite nice, but kind of pricey - It's right on the shore of the lake, with spectacular views. You can get a room with a balcony overlooking the lake. It also has a nice restaraunt. They offer package deals, too, if you want to rent a boat or take one of their boat tours. We got a package that included a motorboat rental for a day and went up to rainbow bridge - we had a great time. You should also take a tour of the Glen Canyon Dam while you're there. The tour is free, and is really fascinating. Whatever you think about the wisdom of constructing this dam, it is a marvel worth seeing, truly awesome.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 05:21 AM
sdonald

I am planning to take the 1/2 day smooth water trip in August. There is a nice review on www.kaibab.org/gc_homef.htm,
under Lodging and Other Services, Colorado River Smooth Water Raft Trip. His trip picked up at the South Rim but is sounds like the same trip you meet at Page.

Old Apr 27th, 2000, 05:45 AM
Kathleen

I spent a day in Page on April 5 and would highly recommend tours of both Antelope Canyon and Glen Canyon Dam. For Antelope Canyon we used Crand Circle Tours and I found the guide (Jesse) to be friendly and very knowledgeable about the canyon and the history of Page - which he has witnessed personally. This was not a photographic tour however - although we had plenty of time to take photographs this is a difficult shoot. If this aspect is important you may want to go out there with a tour that includes a photo expert.

Glen Canyon Dam surprised me. I had just toured Hoover, which was fine but I found the displays and (free) tour at Glen Canyon to be much more informative about the whole subject of man's attempt to control nature and the technology involved. Their large relief map of the plateau was reviewed during the tour and it was very helpful to recall as we drove to Bryce Canyon and as we surveyed the plateau from the Bristlecone Pine trail there (also very highly recommended, along with the Nabaho / Queen's Garden Trail.)