I thought I'd stir the pot and ask about your thoughts on Air Bnb to see if opinions have changed at all. I'm aware that the lines are blurry when it comes to these places operating illegally.. however I've been recommended to give it a go from a few fellow travellers.
I'm coming over from Australia starting in NYC from June 15 - June 22.
There's HEAPS on my list of things to see and do and they're scattered all over Manhattan.
I'm overwhelmed by the places to stay and even the areas.. Where do you recommend?
I love art, photography, food and culture. So at this point i'm leaning towards finding a place to stay in SoHo or Greenwich Village..? Are these places easy enough to get to a subway or walk to places of interest?
Put it this way, any attraction you'd find in Lonely Planet - its probably on my list. If I have enough time, I'd love to check out Brooklyn and its trendiness but i doubt I'll have enough time to really sink my teeth in. I'll just have to visit another day!
I'm probably not going to see a Broadway Show and not overly concerned with shopping.
I'd rather spend an afternoon on the High Line than in Macy's.
Any advice on;
- area to stay in
- how to best get around
- tips on cheapness (eg. Museum free days or combined passes)
- food spots (that dont need a month's in advance booking)
- photography advantage points
- Air bnb or priceline.com
- Not to miss attractions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscombined.com/testo-ampx/
- 2 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 3 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 6 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 7 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 8 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 9 Muir Woods - new rules
- 10 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 11 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 12 Padre Islands
- 13 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 14 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 15 NASHVILLE
- 16 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 17 4 days in San Diego
- 18 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 19 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 20 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 21 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 22 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 23 Galveston
- 24 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 25 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot