Overnighting/Leaving car near LAX??

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 02:42 PM
Tom

Overnighting/Leaving car near LAX??

Has anyone had any recent experience staying overnight very close to LAX for an early morning flight...I will be gone for 2 weeks and need to leave my car. Parking fees will be a big concern! Thanks for any suggestions. Tom

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 03:08 PM
Karen

We were stuck at LAX on the morning of 9/11/01, we thought, on our way to Kauai. We did end up getting the only available room at a Howard Johnsons on Airport Blvd/Manchester ($100 a night) The room was really tacky, but they have a shuttle to and from LAX. It is my understanding that the hotels charge less for overnight parking, and it would behove one to rent a room just for the parking rate, and never stay there. Just a thought......

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 07:02 PM
joe

The Hacienda Hotel, The Travelodge at 5432 Century Blvd, and the Best Westerns all have "Park n Fly" packages.

Van Nuys FlyAway terminal is also a good choice, they start shuttling very early, like 4am, and it is a half hour to LAX. You pay $8 for the roundtrip shuttle and $1 a day to park your car. It is right off the 405 freeway.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 08:38 AM
Lori

The Furama has fly and park packages. They are just north of LAX via shuttle, about 5-6 min ride. Decent hotel (get a tower room), adjacent to residental area and across the street from a park. Some of their lot is covered parking. The Hacienda also has this plan, their lot is outside. Having stayed at both hotels I would say the Furama is a little better.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 08:31 PM
Glenn

Tom,

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza which is very near the airport. Their fly/drive package is $149/night with 7 nights parking. Its a great hotel with frequent shuttles.

I also noticed that the Radisson has opened a new hotel very close to the airport and they're known for fly/drive packages.

I've taken the shuttle from Van Nuys referenced above and its very reliable.

Good luck!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 05:39 PM
sally

The Sheraton Four Points LAX is very close and has park and fly for around $100.