Outdoor Dining in Charleston

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 07:18 AM
dani

Outdoor Dining in Charleston

I will be celebrating my anniversary in Charleston. Can anyone recommend a romantic restaurant that has outdoor dining?? We'd love to have either seafood or lowcountry...any suggestions?

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 07:42 AM
Vicki

82 Queen is a wonderful restaurant that has a lovely inner courtyard and great food. If it's too hot then you can eat indoors in the charming old mansion. The bar b que shrimp over grits is great. Don't remember what else is on the menu but I think they have a web site or go to www.Charleston.com and look up restaurants.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Rosemary

If you must eat in old Charleston, ignore this but: We recently stayed just across the bridge from Charleston at Mount Pleasant and ate every night at Shem Creek. It's where the fishing boats dock and is lined with seafood restaurants. I think 'Slightly Up the Creek' would be suitable - lovely setting, good food, outdoor waterfront diing. A close second would be 'The Trawler', also outdoor dining. A few more we didn't get time to try.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 02:09 PM
pete

Try Bowens Island restuarant, south of Charleston!!!!! This is a real dining experience. It tops any restuarant for atmosphere in the U.S.. For those who have dined there, what do you think????
Dani, do not try this restuarant for your anniversary. I posted this because when I was there, I saw families, couples, and all types who were referred to it and did not know what to expect. Food was OK, but you have to go there with an open mind.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 06:30 PM
Carol

We live in the Charleston area (Isle of Palms), and I second Vick's suggestion of 82 Queen for their outdoor dining patio - it's quite special. Try their she-crab soup - might be the best in town!

Enjoy...

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 07:04 AM
danielle

Thanks for the recommendations..Someone also recommended Carolinas (not outdoors, right?) Which is more romantic 82 Queen or Slightly Up the Creek?? Any suggestions for a day in Charleston...I want to surprise my husband with a fun day on the town??

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 07:06 AM
danielle

One more thing...my anniversary is on July 4th...are there fireworks anywhere??

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 08:58 AM
Vicki

82 Queen is definately more romantic. The restaurants along Shem Creek have good seafood but are extremly casual, and noisy, go there for family fun or lunch for the 2 of you. You could also consider a carriage ride either before or after dinner in Charleston. No, Carolina's does not have outdoor dining, there really aren't too many restaurants that do for some reason.

Enjoy your anniversary.