Search

Oturigger wilelia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 05:25 PM
suzanne

Oturigger wilelia

Have reservations for the outrigger in maui for march 2001 ocean front room 5 days
Can anyone offer any advice on this hotel. I heard that there is alot of construction that should be finished by the end of the year. Any advice??

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 10:09 AM
Dawn,Ct

I couldn't decide between the Renassaince and the Outrigger Wailea so I called the Outrigger and asked them where they put their $25 million. I was told that they redid all of the rooms, the common areas, the garden the pool area and the health club. All renovations were to be totally completed by the end of Dec. 2000. I went with the Outrigger. We got a good rate as well. Dawn,ct.

Old Dec 22nd, 2000, 10:15 AM
xxxxx

There is NO Outrigger on Maui.

Old Dec 23rd, 2000, 02:39 AM
Helpful

Contrary to the post just before this one, there are 4 hotels carrying the Outrigger name on Maui + they own one of the Westin's on Maui.
Are you referring to:

Outrigger Hotels and Resorts
Palms at Wailea, Island of Maui, Hawaii?

It's important to use the correct spelling. I'm assuming your WILELIA is really WAILEA.

If so, they have a toll free phone number. Use any search engine to find it. Use the search words:

outrigger maui

Call and ask if they guarantee all construction is finished by the time of your visit. If so, and it is important to you, get the guarantee in writing or ask for a reduction in hotel room prices.

Old Dec 24th, 2000, 03:40 AM
Helpful

Suzanne, just found this response from back in March 2000 to a fellow who was looking for a honeymoon location in Maui.

"Author: Lani ([email protected])
Date: 3/09/2000, 10:58 am ET

If you want to have a wonderful, tropical, upscale honeymoon without spending a fortune, stay at Renaissance Wailea or Outrigger Wailea on Maui and Hanalei Bay Resort (or maybe Embassy Suites at Poipu) on Kauai, with an Entertainment Card. Your rooms will be half-price unless you go in the highest season, and you'll feel like you're definitely in paradise!"