Other Attractions in Florida?

Mar 12th, 2000, 10:30 AM
Eran

Other Attractions in Florida?

Hi
I'm looking for some different things to do in Florida, alongside the usual Tourist attractions.
Any recommendations?
Eran

Mar 12th, 2000, 12:32 PM
JoAnn

Where and when in Florida? Might help us help you better. We've visited the Coral Castle in Homestead; been to Plant City Strawberry festival; explored the Everglades; biked around the back streets of Key West; driven down both sides of Ocheekobee (sorry if I spelled that wrong); been to Babcock Farm just north of Ft. Myers; explored the "Ding" Darling nature preserve on Sanibel. Not all non-tourist, but some very few tourists.

Mar 12th, 2000, 12:53 PM
L.Zeev

Hi,
Try to relex at a luxury resort near
Disney .
I have 2 timeshares weeks in April and
May only 1 mile frome Disney World.
if you interested email me.
bye
Zeev

Mar 13th, 2000, 05:50 AM
Tallia

[Zeev! No advertizing! Besides, Eran wanted something "different" and that sure isn't Disney!]

It's a big state. I love the Sarasota/St. Petersburg area -- nice beaches (esp. Longboat, Siesta Keys) and a couple of interesting museums: Dali and Ringling (lovely grounds, interesting collection of paintings with circus museum and restored Ca D'Oro, Ringling's version of the Doges palace). Have you "done" the Keys, Everglades, horse country around Cross Creek, etc.?

Mar 13th, 2000, 10:38 AM
Sandra

Hi Eran,

Have you been to St. Augustine, the oldest city in the continental US? We just spent two days there and have vowed to return. Lovely, old area with lots of old buildings preserved to show you the history of the area. We used a tourist train/trolley to get around (very narrow streets) the train cost was about $12.00, it ran 9-5 and the ticket was good for 3 days. I can recommend the St. Francis Inn. It's the oldest inn in the city with lovely rooms clustered around a couryard with a small fountain. Included an excellent breakfast and also a cocktail hour with beer, wine, and appetizers. Had a wonderful time in a delightful city.

Mar 13th, 2000, 05:48 PM
Samantha

Eran - What part of Florida? If it's the St. Pete area, I can give you a few suggestions.

Mar 15th, 2000, 12:33 AM
Eran

Hi all
Thanks for your great ideas.
my wife and i are flying next month (13th of April) and will try some of these places.