orlando's smaller Attractions

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 08:27 PM
Alan

orlando's smaller Attractions

Hi, we will be in Orlando for the first two weeks in December and after doing all the big
attractions we have three days left. There are a lot of small attractions and were hoping for advice for the top three. We are concidering capone's dinner&show,medieval times, King Henry's Feast,Church Street Station, Pirates Dinner Adventure, Titanic, Silver Springs, Splendid China, Terror on Church Street. If I have missed a great attraction let me know, and perhaps the best shopping center on International Drive.Thanks!

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 06:18 AM
Teresa

We went to the Chicago Medieval Times (Schaumberg, actually) this summer with our 10 and 7 year olds--it was really fun and I'd recommend it. The food was actually good, too, which is sometimes rare at 'theme' restaurants. For something a little different, you might check out "Gator World" in Orlando. We had an hour or two to fill when we were down there and ended up at Gator World (at our kids' urging). Gators everywhere, plus Gator Wrestling (w/ a trainer) and Gator Nuggets (not bad). If you have younger kids or are into gators, it's pretty fun.

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 10:28 PM
rob

sorry.....terror on church street is closed. but theres still plenty of stuff to do. most is centered around international drive....theres wet & wild (water park) skull kingdom (haunted house), a skydiving simulator (they blow you around with a giant fan)also lots of shopping opportunities on I-drive and the usual mini-golf, go carts etc
church street is a small area with a turn of the century theme....shops, resturants, arcades etc. nearby is orange ave.....where most of the bars are located and lake eola is a short walk (wouldn't go late at night). if you have a car, go to kennedy space ctr (its free), wekiva springs or blue springs (you can rent canoes there).
as a local, i haven't been to any of the places you mentioned...except church street.

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 05:59 AM
Mary

Alan, We did Medieval Times with our whole family for my parents' 40 anniversary. It was fun, but it was also very loud. The little kids got somewhat bored watching the horseback riding. My 5 year old daughter and I went to King Henry's Feast and we liked it very much (so much that she insisted on going back on our next visit. It is a smaller venue, and has a variety of entertainment so that we did not get bored. I have also heard good things about Wild Bill's Wild West Show. I am hoping to check that out when I take my younger daughter to Orlando in early November. The other one (now 7) refuses to go to anything but King Henry's Feast! Mary

Old Oct 18th, 1999, 04:40 AM
Maryanne

Don't bother with Medieval Times if you don't have little children. It was very loud, overpriced, boring, childish, and the beer was bad.

Old Oct 19th, 1999, 12:43 PM
graziella

Hi Alan, do not miss Celebration, this is a Walt Disney "town" where real people live.....good luck.
It is only 5 minutes from Walt Disney main parks.
graziella

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 01:24 PM
Troy

Alan,

Boy you've done your homework. I've been to a few of the establishments you mentioned.

From your list....

Medieval Times - Nah. It smells like horse sweat and the food was terrible.

King Henry's Feast - My mom went there and said the show was alot of fun. She is a big Prime Rib fan and said they good Prime Rib.

Church Street Station - A definite yes!

Capones - Not likely. We stopped and checked the place out. The building and ground were in disrepair. The buffet table food looked tired and rubbery. a very unappetizing place. Plus, it was dead.

Terror on Church Street - Yes, yes, and yes. I've been there so many times that I've lost count. Warning - it is intense and in my own opinion, not recomended for young child (even in their early teens). There was a 12 year old in our group one time that was hysterical.

Not on your list....

Downtown Disney - don't miss Cirque Du Soleil.

Have fun!

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 01:28 PM
Troy

Rob,

Is Terror on C.S. closed permanently? Please say no.

Troy

Old Nov 1st, 1999, 05:15 AM
cindy

Recommend Spendid China for a the evening floorshow. For $14.97 you get a colorful fast action floorshow which kids would enjoy - lots of gymnastics - and a fast food lunch worth about $5.
Admission to the entry area is free to all and includes a small animal show, junk shops, a nice art show, scenery for photo ops (pagota, bridges etc). Great place to spend a couple of hours. The admission to the park is another $16 and the replicas of the Great Wall may be worth it to you. There are too many recreated villages but well done. It will have to surfice for a trip to China for me.

Old Nov 5th, 1999, 09:10 PM
Joy in Virginia

You did not say what ages your family members are. If you are traveling with kids who are teens / preteens, be sure to allow most of a day for them to do Disney Quest at Downtown Disney Westside. My 12 year old loved it and went twice. We parents enjoyed the activities too, but be warned - it is LOUD! We had fun last trip taking a day off from parks & going shopping at the Belz outlet stores. You can get Disney off-season merchandise discounted at Premiere Character there. Have a great trip!