Orlando Marriott International Drive

Old Nov 22nd, 1998, 08:17 PM
Judi

Orlando Marriott International Drive

Anyone have experience/recommendation for this hotel? Has it been renovated anytime in the recent past?

Thanks

Old Nov 23rd, 1998, 10:33 AM
Gregg

I was there for a conference two years ago. It's a huge place (great for conferences). The pool area is very nice and large with many waterfalls and shallow areas for kids. Rooms are quite large. Golf is on premise. Disney and area attractions are also very close by (15 minutes).

Old Nov 24th, 1998, 07:29 AM
Kat

I, too, attended a conference at this hotel (full name is something like the Marriott Renaissance World Center or some such) and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The pools are wonderful! The rooms very comfy. I usually avoid Marriotts and Hiltons and such but was favorably impressed by this one. I don't know if it recently has been renovated but didn't seem to be to be needing renovation a year ago when I was there.

Old Dec 2nd, 1998, 01:44 PM
Melisa

We just got back from there in October 98. The hotel is wonderful! The staff is very helpful with Disney information and shuttle rides. There are many restaurants to pick from inside the hotel. Our favorite was JR's Steakhouse (it's expensive, but well worth it). I don't know about the renovation, but they are scraping up the golf course and starting over on it. The pools are huge, and the rooms are big. I suggest getting a room on the higher floors, the view was great! I highly recommend this hotel!!

Old Dec 3rd, 1998, 08:14 AM
Greg

Judi,

It looks like the responses you got are for the marriott world center which is not the Orlando Marriott I-drive. The world center is in Lake Buena Vista and is a high rise resort hotel. The Orlando marriott is on I-drive and is a two story older hotel. It is nice but not a resort hotel. I had my wedding reception here, and the hotel is very spread out but not much in the way of views, golf, restaurants, etc. Hope this clears things up. E-mail me with ??'s.

Old Dec 3rd, 1998, 05:35 PM
Sharon

we have stayed at both Marriotts and one is a luxurious (mid range) resort and the International Drive one is an old property but well maintained with shaded walkways to the pools and it is just fine. If you are visiting Universal Studios it is very close and convenient. Universal Drive is restaurant headquarters for the country I think. Every chain and prototype for one is there. Some are very good, Try Bahama Breeze (think it is a Darden prototype) and TU Tu Tango which serves Floribbean spanishy tapas. Lots of schlock and t-shirt shops and wierd retail experiments. I would ask for a room mid property near the pool.