Orlando long range weather forecast

Old Mar 14th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Orlando long range weather forecast

My family and u are travelling out to orlando on the 27th march 2016 for the first time and have been looking at the longrange weather forecasts. They are saying moderate and heavy heavy intensity rain each day (there for 2 weeks) and although we expected the odd downpour or storm, we are now concerned that the holiday is going to be a wash out! Is there anyone who has had this sort of forecast proved wrong or anyone living in orlando that has a better idea of the upcoming weather? We've booked discovery cove on the 28th and that day looks awful ��
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 03:14 AM

It rains quite often in central Florida so that forecast wouldn't worry me. The showers are usually short bursts in the afternoon and don't last more than 15 minutes or so. It's because it cools things down.
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 03:15 AM

Sorry, that last sentence should read, "it's NICE because it cools things down".
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 04:11 AM

No, I cannot honestly imagine that is correct for late March. As a resident of Central Florida, I can assure you we would be shocked. The rainy season starts in late May; and although we can and do have the occasional shower now, it will be mostly nice.

Now, I do see some rain in the forecast, but as Hobbert suggests, it looks to be mainly afternoon rainstorms.

The weather is trending warmer right now - as in upper 80's and perhaps low 90's. Therefore, you can expect humidity to be higher than normal. The thunderstorms haven't really set in yet, so you won't so much lightning. (But that is always something to be prepared for.)

Buy yourselves some disposable ponchos at the store before you go into the park - they sell them in the parks, but they charge accordingly. Have a great vacation!
Old Mar 15th, 2016, 06:23 AM
OO

Weather forecasts that far out are seldom accurate, but it were summer and two weeks out, I'd probably agree! . As sludick said, this is not the rainy season, so rain that frequently would be rare indeed! Summer it's another story.