Reload this Page >

Orlando - Is a car necessary?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Glory

Visiting Orlando in May with kids 9 & 11. Main reason for trip is Disney World. Travel guides seem to differ on whether or not a rental car is really necessary. Staying within one mile of WDW - resort has shuttle to WDW. Any advice?

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 01:18 PM
David

I always stay on Property and do not rent a car. However, I feel you would not need a rental car as long as you were focusing on WDW.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 02:05 PM
mara

Go to the website WIDWIG.COM for some great ideas and suggestions.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 07:37 PM
Joy in VA

If you are focusing on WDW should be fine without a car. Which hotel & on what road? Also how many days will you be there? I was there in August, Irlo Bronson Hgwy STILL with lots of construction going on - anyone know the status of this project? wdwig.com, Deb Wills site, is great & has lots of great tips. You can also look at orlandosentinel.com for local news / ads. There is a city bus line as well.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 07:40 PM
Joy in VA

ALSO - Your kids will probably LOVE DisneyQuest - indoor, 5 floors of virtual reality / electronic attractions. Separate admission but worth it esp for this age. The neatest thing is virtual Space Mountain where you design your own roller coaster then get into a big simulator and "ride" it. You can spend afternoon / evening there.