Search

Orlando hotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 09:37 AM
Kurt

Orlando hotels

I am interested in feedback on hotels/suites near Disney area.

We are going to be in area a few days, and are looking for a safe/clean place to stay, which has heated pool for several kids in November.

Looking to be close to Disney property, but not in.

Found a Homewood Suite off Parkway Blvd. with a good rate, and wondered about it.

If at all possible, suites would be first, several families, with multiple kids, so looking for space.

We are passing-through Orlando on our way to Clearwater Beach area, so are not staying/doing Disney properties this time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If not a suite, a property which is close to Downtown Disney, Lake Buena Vista, Maingate West, which is kid friendly, and has large rooms.

thank you,

Kurt...

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 04:06 PM
Decent Tropical

The Frommer's website has info. on good deals on hotels and condos. in Orlando.

www.frommers.com

Check the 'Budget Travel' and 'Daily Newsletter' sections

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 05:29 PM
Troy

Kurt,

FYI - Consumer Reports Rated Homewood Suites the best hotel chain in it's class.

Old Aug 16th, 1999, 06:54 PM
Joy in Virginia

Check out Deb Wills Unofficial Guide to WDW site, she has local Orlando business sponsors & also hotel info pages that may give you more detail & reviews. So many hotels near there & so many good deals, you will find something great. her site is at: http://wdwig.com

Old Aug 16th, 1999, 07:31 PM
Tom

We stayed at the Caribe Royale which is on I-drive nr. Disney (about 1 mi.). Nice pool for the kids and free buffet breakfast included. Bedroom with 2 doubles and a pull-out sofa in living room. Free shuttles to Disney. Check out their website: www.cariberoyale.com