Reload this Page >

Opinions on Embassy Suites Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2000, 08:58 AM
B. Cawley

My family (including a 12 and 14 year-old) will be staying at the Embassy Suites downtown location. Any opinions on safety at night, convenience, etc.?

Old Mar 4th, 2000, 09:15 AM
Sam

There are over 100 Embassy Suites hotels. It would really help if you put a city/state in the header!

Old Mar 5th, 2000, 03:57 PM
b.cawley

hi Sam- I was in the Washington,D.C. section when I posted the last letter. I'm specifically referring to the Embassy Suites in D.C. downtown. Thanks

Old Mar 5th, 2000, 04:14 PM
CAL

HELLO..WE'VE BEEN BACK TO DC MANY TIMES AND ALWAYS FOUND THE ISSUE OF "CRIME" MAYBE A BIT OVERBLOWN...I'M NOT SAYING IT'S PARADISE BUT I FELT SAFER ON THE DC STREETS AFTER 11 P.M. THAN I DO IN S.F. AFTER 5:00P.M. SOMETIMES.

IT'S PRETTY COOL IN THE NW AREA, BUT LIKE ANY OTHER BIG CITY, KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY...TAKE A CAB IN DC...CHEAP TRANSPORTATION..THE METRO WAS PRETTY CLEAN, TOO...JUST STAY OUT OF THE SW AREA AND ANY OTHER AREAS NOT OCCUPIED BY OTHER PEOPLE...IT IS ONE OF THE PRETTIEST CITIES AT NIGHT...WE LOVED SITTING ON THE STEPS OF THE LINCOLN MONUMENT AND WATCH A SUNSET BACK TOWARDS "THE GEORGE" AND THE US CAPITOL..SIT OFF TO THE SIDE SO YOU CAN SEE THE DOME SLOWLY LIGHT UP...THE TOWER IN THE OLD POST OFFICE IS NICE, TOO...BE CAREFUL BUT HAVE FUN.

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 09:06 AM
Joy in virginia

I have stayed at this Embassy suites, enjoyed it, service was nice. The Capitol City Brewing Company is a restaurant / microbrew within walking distance, family friendly & noisy atmosphere kids should like. DC is fairly safe in most areas, I have traveled there often, ridden Metro alone at night, never been frightened. Just stay alert & ask concierge at hotel for tips on getting to places, where to eat, etc. Have fun!