Reload this Page >

Only In the Keys - Whale in Pool

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 11:40 AM
keysmom

This is true! A sick pygmy whale is vacationing at the Islander Resort in Islamorada. The water temp in the ocean is too cold for the whale so the rescuers have put it in a heated saltwater pool. If you happen to be in the Keys in the next several days, check it out! Islander is around MM 86 on the ocean side.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Orca

That is horrible! I am sure the last thing they need is siteseer's there. If anybody does stop I hope you would offer a donation or bring food to the volunteers.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 02:31 PM
keysmom

I applaud the idea of a donation or food for volunteers but don't understand what's horrible about it. This is a much more real experience than a Sea World show.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 02:58 PM
bruce

Bring some vegetables if you go. If they turn up the heat a little bit, we can all enjoy some delicious whale soup.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 06:45 PM
x

Why have a sick whale as an exhibition!!?? That is just disgusting! Why would you tell people to go by and see it like it was some sort of attraction at Sea World!? You need help. The last thing those volunteers need is people asking all kinds of dumb questions and taking pics! Stop posting about it "Keysmom" and drop it!

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 05:10 AM
solution

Calm down people!!!!!!!
Trying to save the whale is a great thing.Having people walk by to see and experience a live whale is special.
The caretakers will decide how best for people to view,if at all.
The issue is to save the whale and getting a little help if possible.
So save your negative attitude about the whale or save your money and pay for the recovery yourself.