One way ticket from Charlotte to Atlanta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 1999, 02:41 PM
Raj

Hi ,
I am traveling one way from Charlotte to Atlanta on Nov 5. I am getting a airfare quote of 200+. Does anybody has any suggestion by which I can get a cheaper ticket ?

TIA

Raj

Old Oct 8th, 1999, 05:35 AM
Brian in Atlanta

With a 21-day advance purchase, you can buy a roundtrip for $198 and just throw away the return ticket.

Old Oct 8th, 1999, 05:40 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Or, if you don't care what time you leave for Charlotte on Nov 5th, you could try priceline.com. I'd put my first bid in at $99 and go up from there.

Old Oct 8th, 1999, 09:27 AM
s.fowler

According to my travel agents the airlines look for that manoevre [?] and if they catch you you have to pay a penalty. I have no idea how likely getting caught is.

Old Oct 8th, 1999, 11:34 AM
Brian in Atlanta

I think the maneuver you're referring to is when, in order to synthesize a Saturday night stay, a person purchases 2 r/t ticket and only uses one coupon from each ticket (assuming that 2 r/t tickets w/ a Saturday night stay costs less than one midweek r/t). You're right, if you try to do that with the same airline, you're asking for trouble.

But I don't think you'd have any trouble buying a r/t ticket and only using it one way (just be sure to use the first, not the second, leg). If you feel guilty about robbing the airline of that return seat, you can always call and cancel the return so they can resell it.

I still think that Priceline is Raj's best bet. That, or a one-way car rental. It's only about a 4 hour drive.