Reload this Page >

Need 2br condo on big islad

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2000, 10:04 AM
Leslee

I am looking for a 2br condo on the big island, preferrable on the ocean or beach (I know this is hard) Any suggestions out there or places you wouldn't stay?

Old Aug 25th, 2000, 11:15 AM
Angie

Which dates are you looking for? What's your budgetary guidelines? And which part of the island are you interested -
Kona or Hilo?

Old Aug 25th, 2000, 12:08 PM
Leslee

Angie,

We are going 9/4 through the 12th and we are looking at the Kona area. We had hotel reservations, but now the grandparents are coming and it would be best to have a condo. Any insights would be most welcomed

Old Aug 25th, 2000, 01:28 PM
Angie

Your dates are during "low season" so you shouldn't have any problem finding a condo. Most oceanfront condos are located on Alii Drive. This road is the ocean drive between the towns of Kona & Keauhou, it's about 7 miles long. A nice oceanfront two bedroom condos runs anywhere between $200 - $165 per night. Please remember that condos are individual owned and vary vastly for condo to condo even within the same complex. Always ask for photos, whether or not the owners vacation there, when was it refurbished,
do they have a property manager on island and whether they are a registered business in the state of Hawaii? Do a search on your favorite search engine - aol, excite, altavista for "kona hawaii condo or vacation rentals". I am sure you'll find a great condo that's perfect for your vacation.

All the best!

Old Aug 25th, 2000, 07:00 PM
leslee

Angie,
Do you have any you have stayed in? Or that you can recommend? It seems very hard for us to find a 2br that has two bedroom with one bed, they are usually one king and two twins and that doesn't work for my inlaws.

Old Aug 25th, 2000, 08:00 PM
Kelly

Try Kanaloa at Kona, either individually owned units or Outrigger owns some of the units at this complex. We stayed there last Dec/Jan and it was very nice. Three pools, a fantastic restaurant, ocean front (no beach, but there aren't many in this area), great location. We rented through Century 21-Big Island, and saved money over Outrigger. Outrigger units, however are slightly more updated and have on-site maid/maintenance services. For us, it was worth the money saved, but everyone is different.

Old Aug 26th, 2000, 05:45 AM
ron

I've had good experiences renting condos directly from the owners. I found a great condo in Ohau. The internet site
I used is - hawaiicondosbyowner.com
They have listings for all the Hawaiian islands.

Old Aug 26th, 2000, 10:02 AM
Leslee

Thank you for your suggestions, after much dilberations and web surfing we have decided to try the Aston Royal Sea Cliff Resort. I would appreciate it if anyone had any comments on the condos or location. Thanks again.