Reload this Page >

OK, so what's happening in Boston?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 02:41 PM
700 Miles Away

Why are people on high alert reoston? How are you all doing? What's happening?

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 05:20 PM
Jackie

John Ashcroft called Governor and Mayor to warn them of possible terrorist activity in the next few days. Swift and Menino have resonded that they have completed their investigation and none of the stories are credible. Who knows? A Boston Globe survey shows that 39% of the respondents are planning to get out of town this weekend. I think that says alot about how people are doing. Me, I 'm staying put and going to go out and spend some money this weekend.

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 05:32 PM
mimi taylor

The mayor and police commisioner said that there was not any proof to these rumors and for us to get on with our lives as best we can.Everyone's fear is causing the economy to collapse, airlines to go bankrupt, small business to fail. Continue to livr and love more.

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 06:05 PM
Yipe

I just love it when some official says there is "no credible proof" that supports a warning.

I'll get on with my life when the authorities quit putting PR ahead of taking the proper precautions.

I think we should be keeping some of those troops and jet fighters right here at home!

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 06:30 PM
Floridian

Jackie & Mimi: You go, girls!

hey yipe, surely you must see it, everyone really IS doing their best to take the right precautions...we must give credit where credit is due! I live on the Gulf Coast, and the Coast Guard is patrolling every day. I thank God for those Americans who protect us. Think about it.

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 07:14 PM
lala

Right on Mimi , We agree with you here.
In N.H.

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 06:37 AM
mimi taylor

Last night the streets of Boston were deserted. Friends cancelled dinner, afraid to drive over the bridge. This morning, it was announced that the FBI had misinterpreted some document.

Old Sep 22nd, 2001, 07:24 AM
Former Beantowner

Any document in Arabic that has the word "Boston" in it makes me nervous, unless it's referring to a kind of dessert.