off to Maui tomorrow, last Questions...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, we're traveling with my Mom who, though still a young 52, is not that active and would have trouble doing a long hike or walk on some of the waterfall trails. Are there any beautiful waterfall sights that aren't too long or rough of a hike? She has never seen anything close to the lush, gorgeous scenery that Hawaii has to offer.

Also, how is taking the backroad to Hana lately in a midsize car rental? We did the entire drive once before but it was in a jeep. I know my daughter and mother would not be up for the full day of driving the entire trip takes, so I'm trying to figure out how to give them a little taste of it.

We're thinking of:
1) Taking back road to the pools and turning back

OR

2)Starting at the beginning of the Road to Hana and just doing part of the drive b4 turning back.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

duh..forgot to post this in the Hawaii section..
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 08:39 AM
iceeu2

ggrtist, you are one lucky girl..didn't you just get home from Oahu a month of so ago?

Wish I could help, but it's been 17 years since I was on Maui.

i'2

Old Jun 28th, 2005, 09:14 AM

Pick up a copy of Maui Revealed. There are many stops on the road to Hana for easy waterfall viewing. We chose not to drive the entire way and only went a few miles in to see and swim in the falls, take pictures and turn around. You get a real feel for the road without investing the entire day.
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

seattlesue, thanks, that sounds like a good plan. The condo owners have a copy of the guidebook so that'll be the first thing we look into when we check-in.

iceeu2...well, it was actually in March and that trip cost me only $300 out of pocket. I know, very lucky but you wouldn't believe the work I put into finding ways to get extra ff miles, barters for accommodations, and taking freelance jobs for vacation $$. To go to paradise at least 1, if not twice a year I'll gladly spend all the time it takes